HMP Northumberland are recruiting for Operational Support Officers (OSOs)
Sodexo Justice aims to change lives for the better by reducing reoffending and improving the quality of life for those under our supervision and in our care. We deliver safe, effective and innovative custodial and community rehabilitation services that challenge offending behaviour, protect the public and offer individuals the opportunity to change their lives for the better.
As a working prison, we work towards the resettlement of residents upon their release into the community and their integration into society through the skills acquired while in our care. We are committed to supporting people to change their lives for the better and lead law-abiding lives. HMP Northumberland offers a variety of initiatives and programmes to help residents engage within the prison’s rehabilitative culture. This includes various educational and vocational qualifications, as well as a variety of opportunities for residents to learn new skills within our workshops and industries departments. We have textile, engineering and electrical workshops and can offer prisoners experience in horticulture, market gardens, cleaning, waste management and laundry services on site.
Being over 4 miles in circumference, the prison is a vast space with exceptionally kept plantation and currently houses over 1300 residents with a range of sentence terms.
- Interviews: 17th – 19th October (to be held virtually via Microsoft Teams)
- Start Date of course: 23rd November 2020. The training course will last for 4 weeks and you must be available for the full 4 week period from 23rd November 2020 – 18th December 2020.
- Number of Jobs Available – 8
Sodexo reserves the right to close this advert early if we are in receipt of a high number of applications.Job Description
Salary £18,119.62 per annum
Excellent benefits including free onsite parking, shopping discounts, pension and 28 days holiday (including Bank Holidays). 39 hour shift pattern working week, including evenings, weekends, nights and bank holidays.
Some posts may be expected to work permenant nights
Please note: initial communication will be via email, please monitor your junk and spam folders to ensure you are aware of next stage requirements.Main Responsibilities
The Ideal Candidate
- Provide an efficient and effective support service to operational staff in designated locations within the prison, including Gatehouse, Control Room, Visits, Security, Stores and Residential control areas.
- Operate and monitor security and supervision systems within the prison.
- Operate and input data into Sodexo systems.
- Report any problems or concerns, potential breaches of security or Health and Safety hazards to the Duty Manager immediately.
- Ensure a thorough handover to incoming staff, making them fully aware of recent and forthcoming events.
- Undertake duties as required which contribute to the effective operation of the prison.
- Work in accordance with all Sodexo policies and procedures.
About The Company
- High level of inter personal skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Have a proactive approach to Equality and Inclusion.
- Have a proactive approach to Health and Safety.
- The ability to challenge inappropriate behaviour.
- Ability to perform tasks alone or in a team to a high standard without constant supervision.
- Proactive, systematic approach to tasks.
- Discretion to be displayed at all times and strict confidence to be maintained in all sensitive matters
- All mandatory training to be completed as and when required
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 36,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the energy, corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
At Sodexo we are committed to a leading role in promoting equality opportunities and valuing diversity and inclusion. We seek to create a work environment based on mutual respect for all individuals, building a culture that appreciates and values the experiences and skills brought by each person to benefit our organisation and work hard to ensure that all people, whatever their race, colour, sex, gender identity disability, nationality, national or ethnic origin, religion or belief, marital/partnership or family status, sexual orientation, age, social class, educational background, employment status, working pattern, are welcome to and included within our organisation.
We’re a Disability Confident Leader employer. We’re committed to changing attitudes towards disability, and making sure disabled people have the chance to fulfil their aspirations.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.
Please note all roles within Sodexo Justice are subject to security and recruitment checks which may include a Social Media Check. You will also be asked to provide 5 years’ worth of references and request employment history details from the HMRC.