The Infection Prevention and Control Specialist will work as part of a dynamic team in delivering an effective service supporting managers and staff across the South West.
The postholder will provide expert IPC advice and support to the seven STP/ICS’s and advice and support to NHS England and NHS Improvement regional team.
Key Job specifics and responsibilities of the role are to:
• Work autonomously in the provision of IPC expert advice to a range of key stakeholders ensuring adherence at all times to National or regional direction
• Receive assurance from Providers on compliance with the Health & Social Care Act 2008 Hygiene Code
• Support the regional current IPC response in the Coronavirus -19 Pandemic
• Receive assurance that Providers have developed robust surveillance systems – the results of which are reported in a timely fashion and which provide confidence in alerting systems to potential outbreaks or increasing incidences of healthcare associated infections
• Working with PHE analyse and review IPC data and report/escalate up on the implications for systems and Providers across the region
• Support systems and Providers in establishing systems and strategies to contain or reduce incidences of infection so that the recovery of NHS services is supported
• Be responsible for ensuring access to expert advice and interpretation of National/Regional or local guidance on all matters relating to IPC.
• Ensure that Post Incident Reviews or RCAs are submitted and reviewed in a timely manner so that assurance can be received that all actions and lessons are disseminated across the region
• Provide expert IPC advice or considered opinion to a number of regional or national high level meetings
• Develop and present any detailed reports on IPC as necessary
• Assist in communications with the wider audience on matters relating to IPC and in a variety of formats
The successful candidate will generally work remotely, using MS Teams, following current NHS workforce guidance.
The reason for this fixed term contract is a short-term time limited project.
There may be an opportunity for this post to be offered as a secondment.
Interviews will take place virtually via Microsoft Teams.
This advert closes on Wednesday 14 Oct 2020
Proud member of the Disability Confident employer scheme
About Disability Confident
A Disability Confident employer will generally offer an interview to any applicant that declares they have a disability and meets the minimum criteria for the job as defined by the employer. It is important to note that in certain recruitment situations such as high-volume, seasonal and high-peak times, the employer may wish to limit the overall numbers of interviews offered to both disabled people and non-disabled people. For more details please go to Disability Confident