We have a new opportunity for a Driver Trainer to develop and deliver quality driver training to new and existing drivers, core and agency ensuring that all the relevant learning outcomes are achieved.
To maintain exceptional levels of service delivery to all customers and act in accordance with organizational values whilst maintaining occupational competence and comply with national legislation and codes of practice within the remit of driver training.
Who are we?
Wincanton is a leading third-party logistics (3PL) and supply chain solutions provider in the UK and Ireland. With over 17,000 colleagues across more than 200 sites and a 3,400 strong fleet of vehicles, we put our customers at the heart of everything we do, and our mission is “to make our customers business’s better, every day.”
How will you contribute?
- To review, design and develop driver training and development products, based on the contract needs.
- Ensure that leaners have the required skills to successfully, safely and effectively perform the driving duties of their roles through effective assessment of participants during the training process – confirming their achievement of agreed learning and performance outcomes.
- To ensure by use of appropriate teaching methods that individuals have a sound knowledge of ‘Roadcraft’ and the ‘Highway Code’.
- Demonstrate resilience and sensitivity in dealing with difficult conversations, such as pass/fail decisions and welfare matters.
- Responsibility for the supervision of course participants and others, ensuring compliance with relevant and up to date Risk Assessments, Health & Safety requirements and meeting welfare needs through the provision of assistance relevant to Driver Training.
- Achieve and maintain the organisation’s quality audit and performance standards.
- Support the development of new ways of delivering training to maximise performance and ensure the business demonstrates a continuous learning culture.
- Undertake such other duties commensurate with the post as may be required for the safe and effective performance of the job.
- Delivery DCPC in line with JAUPT syllabus.
- Introduce and detail the expectations of the driver with the MiX Telematics system, ensuring that drivers always understand the need to drive in a safe and efficient manner.
What will you bring?
- Understand the organisation’s goals and objectives
- Supporting and working with others
- Acting professionally
- Sharing and co-operating
- Have excellent communication skills with the ability to engage individuals in a positive and re-assuring manner.
- Well-developed skills to produce presentations, facilitate learning and explain complex issues to a range of audiences with various levels of understanding
- Have a proven track record of motivating themselves and others, with effective time management
- Ability to manage workload with conflicting priorities bringing solutions to achieve successful outcomes
- Competent in the use of Microsoft Office
- Hold CPC
What do we offer?
We really value our people and offer a friendly, safety first working environment and a competitive salary along with other benefits including; company pension scheme, annual leaves with the option to buy more, share incentive plan, cycle to work scheme, employee benefits online discount platform, onsite parking, onsite canteen + much more
Our people are at the core of our business and what makes Wincanton great. That’s why we also provide significant opportunities for career development and progression, as well as training enrichment and multi-skilling, in a dynamic working environment.
If you feel that you have what it takes to support Wincanton in delivering the best service, we would love to hear from you. Please apply by following the links and uploading your CV. We are a fast-moving organisation so we may not always wait until the closing date to review applications. As a result, you should submit your CV as soon as possible!