Salary: £12.04 per hour
Hours: Casual hours
Shifts: 8am – 4pm, 1pm – 9pm
(Flexibility for all 7 days needed including alternate weekends)
Are you caring and compassionate and looking to make a difference to people lives?
We are seeking a community minded and dedicated Support Assistant to join our outstanding team our supported living facility in Camden. You will work as part of an established, knowledgeable team that support up to 95 service users that require medium/high support needs who are ex-rough sleepers.
- Engaging with customers daily to build their trust and encourage them to take part in various activities within the service and wider community.
- Working with customers to raise their awareness of local services and facilities to ensure they have access to training, education and work.
- Carry out support planning and risk assessments for high need customers with the support of a Support Officer.
- Working with the Specialist Support Officer to arrange and facilitate group sessions or activities.
- Collaborating with relevant community agencies to ensure customers receive appropriate advice and support.
Pensions – One Housing is a sector-leader in the contributions we make to our colleagues’ pensions.
Buying and selling annual leave - We know that getting the balance right between work and home life is a big part of supporting our colleagues’ wellbeing.
Paid time off to volunteer in our communities.
Season ticket loans
A healthcare cashback plan – allowing you to claim back cash for you and your family’s routine healthcare.
Colleague recognition scheme – we let you know when you’ve done a #greatjob
One Academy – our innovative, in-house learning and development offering, designed to support with your personal and professional development.
Study leave – up to five days off per year to study toward a relevant qualification.
Career break - after three years’ continuous service.
- Experience of working with vulnerable people with a range of needs in a support capacity
- Strong IT skills and able to operate a variety of social media platforms
- Good communication skills and the ability to engage with, and respect the needs of, vulnerable people
One Support, part of One Housing, provide support to a wide range of people, including young people, people with mental health problems, ex-offenders, and people with substance misuse problems. We provide services to people living in our properties, and also in their own homes – not necessarily those owned by One Housing. Our services include Floating Support, Supported Housing, Mental Health services and Young People’s services.
If you feel you have the skills and experience to excel in this position, please apply now to avoid missing out!
As an organisation with a strong social purpose, One Housing works in some of the most diverse communities in the UK and their workforce reflects that. We understand the strength we gain from having and supporting our diverse teams. The different skills and experiences that our colleagues from different backgrounds bring to us allow us to make better decisions, consider different views and be an altogether more interesting and cohesive place to work.
We welcome applications from everyone, regardless of their background.
Proud member of the Disability Confident employer scheme
About Disability Confident
A Disability Confident employer will generally offer an interview to any applicant that declares they have a disability and meets the minimum criteria for the job as defined by the employer. It is important to note that in certain recruitment situations such as high-volume, seasonal and high-peak times, the employer may wish to limit the overall numbers of interviews offered to both disabled people and non-disabled people. For more details please go to Disability Confident