Support Officer (Young People)
Location: Islington, Camden
Salary: £22,500 – £23,000 per annum
Hours: 37. 5 hours per week
Monday - Thursdays: 8-4 and 12-8pm
Work every other weekend, Saturday and Sunday 10-6 shifts
Travel required between two sites
Want to join a reputable organisation who make a real difference to people’s lives?
Our two facilities based in Camden aim to prepare and equip young people with the life skills necessary for independent living once they leave the service. The successful candidates will carry out assessments of young people. In addition, delivering solution focused flexible packages of support to assist each service user to develop independent living skills necessary for successful move on.
- Ensure the service is running at exceptionally high standard and meeting all the service specification.
- Undertaking key work sessions, support planning, completing risk assessments and needs reviews.
- Support young people with move on process with a caseload of 6-7 spanning across two settings.
- Support to develop the necessary skills to live independently, and to access training, education and work.
- Create an environment that promotes opportunities for customers to develop, learn and enable skills towards independence
- Annual leave
- Pensions – One Housing is a sector-leader in the contributions we make to our colleagues’ pensions.
- Buying and selling annual leave - We know that getting the balance right between work and home life is a big part of supporting our colleagues’ wellbeing.
- Paid time off to volunteer in our communities.
- Season ticket loans
- A healthcare cashback plan – allowing you to claim back cash for you and your family’s routine healthcare.
- Colleague recognition scheme – we let you know when you’ve done a #greatjob
- One Academy – our innovative, in-house learning and development offering, designed to support with your personal and professional development.
- Study leave – up to five days off per year to study toward a relevant qualification.
- Career break - after three years’ continuous service.
- Previous experience of working and motivating young people
- Experience and knowledge of safeguarding legislation including ability to recognize safeguarding issues.
- Knowledge of the Housing Sector and One Housing Group’s activities.
One Support, part of One Housing, provide support to a wide range of people, including young people, people with mental health problems, ex-offenders, and people with substance misuse problems. We provide services to people living in our properties, and also in their own homes – not necessarily those owned by One Housing. Our services include Floating Support, Supported Housing, Mental Health services and Young People’s services.
If this sounds like the role for you, please apply!
As an organisation with a strong social purpose, One Housing works in some of the most diverse communities in the UK and their workforce reflects that. We understand the strength we gain from having and supporting our diverse teams. The different skills and experiences that our colleagues from different backgrounds bring to us allow us to make better decisions, consider different views and be an altogether more interesting and cohesive place to work.
We welcome applications from everyone, regardless of their background.
Proud member of the Disability Confident employer scheme
About Disability Confident
A Disability Confident employer will generally offer an interview to any applicant that declares they have a disability and meets the minimum criteria for the job as defined by the employer. It is important to note that in certain recruitment situations such as high-volume, seasonal and high-peak times, the employer may wish to limit the overall numbers of interviews offered to both disabled people and non-disabled people. For more details please go to Disability Confident