Mencap would like to become an organisation that makes intelligent decisions driven by the best data. Data is a core capability to deliver the Mencap 2020-2025 organisational strategy. We need to ensure people have easy access to the data they want, when they want it; and that it is trustworthy and understandable providing actionable insight leading to impactful change.
Because of this we are now looking for an experienced Information Architect to join the Mencap Data Team on a full time, permanent basis, this is a remote working role, however you will be required to work out of our London office a few times a month.
You will be responsible for:
- Design, develop and lead on the creation and implementation of an Information Architecture strategy as a part of the broader data strategy.
- Define, manage, and promote use of an Enterprise Data Model across the organisation. Develop conceptual/logical models and information architecture assets to enhance strategic alignment and a better understanding of our information (e.g. catalogues, ontologies, taxonomies, models etc.)
- Understand and document the flow of data, where it is captured, how it is consumed into the system, where it then goes, what systems it goes through, processes, mapping it out and fault finding when issues occur
- Support identification of information modelling conflict; support resolution and associated business processes alignment
- Provide Information Architecture support through re-design/streamlining of critical business process
- Assist Head of Data in the development and management of a data value stream framework (data backlog) ensuring optimum resource focus
As we transition into our 5 year data strategy, you will be at the forefront of this movement with scope to develop your own role in to a more senior position.
This role requires experience of:
- Ability to translate technical / data complexity to an executive audience
- Espouse and champion, to a lay audience, the importance of Information Management and Information Architecture
- Previous work in an Agile environment
- Ability to converse at a technical level with technical data professionals
- Deep knowledge of Enterprise Information Architecture and demonstrable experience in its application.
- Resolving business problems through application of Information Architecture techniques
- Data Modelling, classification, semantics, lifecycle, structure
- Thorough understanding of Master/Reference/Metadata management
- Thorough understanding of the data lifecycle and where information management supports this process
If you are a high performing Information Architect and leader, and are skilled in embedding a performance driven culture whilst collaborating with a very wide and varied group of stakeholders - please get in touch. Please apply with your most recent CV. You can view the full Job description by clicking 'role profile'.
Proud member of the Disability Confident employer scheme
About Disability Confident
A Disability Confident employer will generally offer an interview to any applicant that declares they have a disability and meets the minimum criteria for the job as defined by the employer. It is important to note that in certain recruitment situations such as high-volume, seasonal and high-peak times, the employer may wish to limit the overall numbers of interviews offered to both disabled people and non-disabled people. For more details please go to Disability Confident