Senior Technician (Initial 3 Month FTC)
24 September 2020
24 October 2020
Manchester, Greater Manchester
Web Recruit Ltd
Apply for this job
Senior Technician (Initial 3 Month FTC with a view to Permanent Employment)
Manchester, Greater Manchester
AHR is a multi-award winning architectural and building consultancy practice, working across the UK and internationally.
Through our multi-service, multi-sector and multi-geographical nature, we are able to provide value that goes beyond what is typically delivered in the industry, supplying a service that draws from our comprehensive and inclusive knowledge and experience base running throughout our practice.
An opportunity has arisen for a Senior Technician to be based from our Manchester office for an initial period of 3 months with a view to permanent employment. Due to Covid-19 restrictions, this role will initially largely be home based, although there may be an occasional requirement to attend our office. The first few days of employment are likely to be in the office whilst the relevant job roles and job details are passed on.
You will be working on a mix of office, residential and multi-storey car park projects.
- Advise clients on appropriate services, provide general advice and guidance to clients, understand client needs, deal with client enquiries efficiently, deal with client complaints, and monitor client satisfaction levels
- Advise on environmental and regulatory legal requirements affecting the project
- Advise on materials
- Assess the needs of clients and users and agree the project brief
- Carry out Designer Risk Assessments (CDM)
- Co-ordinate with other consultants/colleagues, disseminate information to team members and negotiate with statutory bodies
- Ensure compliance with design, legal, statutory and professional requirements
- Lead the design process and co-ordinate detailed design information
- Liaise with, and produce documentation for, statutory and local approval authorities
- Manage an internal project team and wider design team along with reviewing and managing their performance
- Manage the finances of a project and deliver projects on time and budget
- Obtain and evaluate tenders and contracts
- Prepare and present design proposals, working drawings and schedules, specifications using 2D and 3D Autodesk products, but specifically Revit 2019. Level 2 BIM experience in Revit is essential. Formal Revit training will not be possible initially as the projects will be straight in to modelling
- Prepare tender bids and submissions
- Programme work schedules and carry out inspections at various stages
- Source technical information, buildability awareness, carry out Health and Safety Risk assessments, prepare tender reports and recommendations, carry out measured surveys and implement and work to QA procedures
Required Skills and Experience
You will have experience in increasingly responsible Technician roles(s) or equivalent gained within an architectural practice. You're a strong communicator who can work collaboratively and effectively within a team.
- A minimum 10 years’ post qualification experience
- Able to competently use 2D, 3D Autodesk and Microsoft Office, especially Word, Excel and Outlook
- Have excellent Revit experience and capability to BIM level 2 including clash detection and COBie drops
- Sound drawing skills and detail design
- Good knowledge of construction and building law
- Structured approach to problem solving and decision making
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
- Good understanding of QA procedures and H&S requirements
- Able to prepare detailed design and working drawings and schedules and prepare specifications
- Very good technical level of spoken and written English
- Lead, record and minute meetings and workshops
If this role sounds like it is for you, please apply through our careers site. You will be asked to upload your CV
*We will also require a copy of your portfolio. This can either be uploaded as part of your CV, or in a later section of the online application process if your portfolio is saved in a different document format.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on your background or needs, if you require any adjustments to make the recruitment process easier, please let us know.
**** Please check your Junk Mail/Spam for application acknowledgements and any updates on your application, including invites to interview, as some email accounts automatically divert there****
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Other organisations may call this role Senior Design Technician, Senior Architectural Technician, Architectural Design Technician, Design Technician, Design Engineer, Architect, or Architectural Design Engineer.
Apply for this job