Job Families Advert – Band 6 and 7: Business Coordinator and Business Manager
Business Coordinator – Role A
Business Manager – Role B
As our organisation moves towards a new way of working, we are looking for a number of talented business support/manager workers who will work within our new flexible resourcing model. Those successful in these roles will be added to our Talent Database which will be used to appoint and flexibly deploy candidates to a variety of roles and teams within NHS England and NHS Improvement.
The Business co-ordinators/managers will engage in a wide range of administrative activities for the Executives, Directors, Managers, and Teams, which involve clerical and administrative support responsibilities. The successful candidates will be a highly motivated, enthusiastic and flexible individual, with excellent organisational skills and comprehensive knowledge and experience of administrative and business management functions and systems.
Responsibilities across roles, will include:
• Administrative duties, e.g. Co-ordinating efficient business support to individuals and teams. Developing and maintaining comprehensive business plans, providing accurate data and information.
• Planning & organising responsibilities e.g. planning and coordinating multi-disciplinary meetings, including secretarial support.
• Analysis & Judgement responsibilities e.g. Contributing to the information management of performance, taking a lead for specific activities. Identify options using agreed criteria and use initiative to test solutions in advance and contribute to the development of key performance indicators and milestones for specific projects.
• Communication responsibilities e.g. Drafting and responding responses to correspondences, including briefings and reports to teams, sponsors and a range of internal and external staff. Informing key stakeholders of business updates, progress and risks. Provide additional support to the wider business management team through working flexibly to directly assist other projects where they may be a subject matter expert or through research and development and delivery of materials as required. Communicate effectively and build relationships with colleagues across the directorate, the organisation and key external stakeholder organisations
• Leading and supporting team e.g. Supporting through development and research specialist knowledge in the design of business strategies and interventions, including effective models for business management, effective business support
• Finance and Resources e.g. Supporting and contributing to finance related matters on behalf of the team; supporting the development of business cases for resourcing and activities expenditure and always striving for value for money practices and efficiency.
• Research & Development responsibilities e.g. Actively supporting and contributing to the development of performance indicators for the successful assessment of performance and enabling processes for sharing and learning. Co-ordinate research and development initiatives, delegating as appropriate.
• Policy and Service Development e.g. Proposing changes to own work area; informing policies and making recommendations for effectively delivery; contributing on development, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of new information systems and contributing to the development of performance and governance strategies and the development and implementation of improvement programmes.
Please note that the reason for the fixed term of your contract is to support COVID
This advert closes on Tuesday 29 Sep 2020
Proud member of the Disability Confident employer scheme
About Disability Confident
A Disability Confident employer will generally offer an interview to any applicant that declares they have a disability and meets the minimum criteria for the job as defined by the employer. It is important to note that in certain recruitment situations such as high-volume, seasonal and high-peak times, the employer may wish to limit the overall numbers of interviews offered to both disabled people and non-disabled people. For more details please go to Disability Confident