Folkestone Community Mental Health Team is a diverse multi-cultural team that is looking to recruit Mental Health Nurses to work within the team providing specialist mental health care for people with multiple and complex needs that require intensive support.
Our service focuses on promoting recovery for those people diagnosed with severe and enduring mental ill health. We provide comprehensive multi-disciplinary services and work closely with local specialist mental health teams, tertiary service providers, primary care, local statutory and non-statutory agencies, service users & careers.
CMHT’s are undergoing a period of transformation in developing defined care pathways which include a personality Disorder and Enduring Conditions pathways.
- Engagement and running the STEPPS (System Training for Emotional Predictability and Problem Solving) Group
- Participation in groups with Psychology and Occupational Therapy
- Opportunities to run groups
- Preceptorship for new qualified staff
- Leadership Modules to develop in senior roles
- Mentorship and Supervision
What you can expect once you join the team:
- Monthly supervision (clinical and managerial)
- Reflective Group to discuss complex cases and share learning
- MDT Risk Forum to discuss complex cases with high risks
- Mandatory Training
- Support with your caseload via supervision and MDT discussions
- Clinical Review of caseload with Consultant Psychiatrist and Team Leader
- Structured Clinical Management Group support
- Admin support
- Peer Support
We are looking for a motivated and enthusiastic Mental Health Professional. You will have a strong sense of initiative and an excellent team working ability.
Effective communication skills and self-governance are required. You will be able to demonstrate knowledge of high level interventions & community assessment skills. Existing qualifications or a willingness to undertake training relevant to the post is expected.
This post offers an excellent opportunity to work in an interesting and developing service environment. You will be offered considerable opportunities for training and professional development.
This advert closes on Monday 5 Oct 2020
Proud member of the Disability Confident employer scheme
About Disability Confident
A Disability Confident employer will generally offer an interview to any applicant that declares they have a disability and meets the minimum criteria for the job as defined by the employer. It is important to note that in certain recruitment situations such as high-volume, seasonal and high-peak times, the employer may wish to limit the overall numbers of interviews offered to both disabled people and non-disabled people. For more details please go to Disability Confident