Graduate Systems Engineer - Electrical
Our globally respected client is looking to recruit a confident; well organised and motivated Electrical Systems Engineer to join the Systems Engineering Team.
The Systems Engineering team is responsible for the design definition, control, development and update of our client's extensive facility. The successful candidate will be involved in the introduction of new systems and technologies and marrying them up with existing legacy technology so that they operate successfully. As well as the setting of requirements management, design definition, completion of design reviews, justification of design choices, recording of design details and production of operating manuals, maintenance instructions and spares holdings.
Since this role is aimed at the electrical aspects of the site's facilities and infrastructure we are looking for a systems engineer who is familiar with miscellaneous engineering disciplines including: electronics; software; mechanical and manufacturing. And although expertise in these areas is not expected, a working knowledge is deemed essential.
Graduate Systems Engineer - Electrical Main responsibilities:
* To become intimately familiar with a large, varied and complex facility, to understand the demands placed on the equipment from the intended (and unintended) use and combine that knowledge with an understanding of required changes such that well documented, justified and practical changes can be implemented.
* Keep safety at the fore of the design process.
* Generate design documentation, change definition and change justifications. Record knowledge gained in company 'wiki' systems.
* Understand the challenges of working with legacy equipment designed and built over half a century ago and combining it with cutting-edge technology.
* Interact with Project Management functions and participate fully in the generation of plans and monitoring of their progress.
* Perform analytical assessment of the site in terms of FMEA; reliability analysis; etc.
* Review telemetry and data gathered from operational equipment to understand performance.
* Propose and justify spares inventories for new and legacy equipment.
* Take engineering ownership of entire projects such as the refurbishment of significant plant assets.
* Author documentation such as Work Instructions, procedures, user manuals and suchlike.
Graduate Systems Engineer - Electrical Essential Skills and Qualifications:
* Degree qualified in Electrical Engineering or closely related subject.
* Experience - Minimum of a relevant placement year as part of your degree
* Experience of HV equipment, switchgear and high power electric motors.
* Ability to design safe circuits and present in clear engineering drawings.
* Highly numerate and confident with analytical methods.
* Understanding of the fundamentals of industrial machinery.
* Understand the application of formal design control and change procedures.
* Appreciate the importance of continuous improvement.
* Ability to interpret and apply industry standards and legislative requirements.
* PC literate with the ability to learn to operate software beyond the basic word processing and spreadsheet packages.
Our client is keen to consider Electrical Engineering graduates with a relevant year placement in industry as part of their degree.
The successful candidate must satisfy security clearance requirements - including the last 5 years continual UK residency.
Graduate Systems Engineer - Electrical - Apply ASAP!