Lead Software Engineer (C++)
21 September 2020
21 October 2020
Apply for this job
A leader in the Financial Industry for Innovation, Refinitiv continues to look toward new technology to drive our high performance, real-time systems to perform better, with the highest uptime available, and a strong focus on our clients.
Data rates in the financial industry continue to climb, with an expectation that the latency continues to improve. This complex set of requirements requires the best in innovation for handling both real-time data feeds already in the market place, and for our clients who wish to contribute directly to our financial systems.
As a Lead Software Engineer, you'll join our Realtime Platform and Modernisation team. You will get the opportunity to lead architecture and design, software engineering, testing, and maintenance strategies for these high performing systems. You will help to set direction by working with proposition leaders and product owners to identify requirements, explore the technology we need to deliver on these, and to schedule project plans that meet delivery. The role will be based in Nottingham, UK.
The right Lead Software Engineer is someone who has excellent leadership and technical skills and is excited about working on complex and mission critical systems. This position requires that the candidate be flexible, proficient at multitasking, able to balance client issue investigations with day-to-day development work, and comfortable working in a global setting and collaborating with global teams.
If you're looking for a new challenge where you can stretch and develop your technical skills, this could be the opportunity for you. We'd love to hear from you!
• Work with Product teams to build and analyze requirements
• Lead development teams that are comfortable employing Agile methods of work
• Lead design, development, and testing of software solutions
• Plan and schedule project delivery within agreed timeframes
• Ensure proper documentation and provide regular updates to stakeholders
• Lead and participate in regular peer reviews
• Provide third level support to issues raised by clients
• Collaborate with development, product management and client support teams on a global scale
• Engage in continued learning and look for opportunities to use emerging technology to enhance solutions
Qualifications and Skills
• BS degree or above in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related field
• Experience in working experience in software development projects on Linux and Windows environment
• Excellent understanding of software engineering principles and object-oriented design
• Adept at software design
• Experience in network programming, multi-thread programming and cross platform programming
• Expert level understanding and hands-on experience with C++
• Experience in additional languages such as C#, Java, and Python
• Familiar with Cloud Technology
• Understanding of test-driven development practices
• Experience with automated testing and DevOps principles
• Ability to work as a team, flexible, proactive, well organized
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, including high attention to details
• Devotion to continued learning
• Ability to lead
We're building a community of extraordinary people who will break new barriers and redefine what data can do. If you're relentlessly focused on delivering success, you could join them.
Apply for this job