Trilateral Research is a UK and IE-based enterprise founded in 2004. Our teams include social scientists, data scientists, ethical, legal and human rights experts who work across the technology-social disciplinary divide to apply rigorous, cutting-edge research in developing new technologies while assessing their impact to achieve long-term sustainable innovation.
Our culture is based on delivering high-quality outputs through our commitment and passion for what we do. We work in an open and collaborative environment where the team culture provides support amongst peers and colleagues. Find out about our people and our culture, and see how our mission drives the projects we take on, the key data protection services we provide, and the technology products and supplementary services we develop.
We are seeking to hire a UX/UI design intern to support the design and development of cloud-based applications for our clients in the private and public sector.
These applications will sit within STRIAD®, our cloud-based decision support platform which aims to help clients tackle complex social issues through data-driven decision making. Beyond designing an intuitive and consistent look and feel across these applications, you will also help solve crucial design challenges. These could range from ensuring information from advanced algorithms remains transparent and explainable for users or figuring out how to make large volumes of complex and conceptually ‘fuzzy’ data more understandable and actionable.
The ability to learn quickly, pick up new concepts proactively and adapt to change are essential.
The role requires the successful candidate to:
• Support the definition of the look and the feel of our STRIAD® software applications.
• Create low- and high-fidelity prototypes for user research and subsequent development.
• Work with our Associate Product Managers to organise and support running user research sessions to test and validate design ideas.
• Work closely with our technical team to ensure designs are technically feasible.
You Must Have:
• Strong understanding of modern design systems and frameworks.
• Experience using UX/UI design tools such as Adobe Creative Suite / Figma / Sketch.
• Good knowledge of design thinking and user-centred design (UCD).
• Demonstrable experience applying user research methods to inform design and development decisions.
• A portfolio of previous work that provides clear evidence of the above.
Good to Have
• Experience of working in an agile software/product development environment and collaborating closely with developers.
• Experience of a range of remote user research techniques.
• Good understanding of accessible design.
• Keen interest in the social sciences and using technology to tackle social challenges.
Please submit your CV and a cover letter, with examples of your work linking your experience to our requirements, in order to have your application considered. References are required and candidates must be eligible to work in the UK.
Location: This position is open to candidates based and eligible to work in the UK
Salary: London Living Wage
Hours: Full Time
Contract Type: 3 months
In return, you get ...
• Flexible working hours
• Remote working options
• A friendly and enthusiastic team of experts in the field
We are an Equal Opportunities employer and positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates, regardless of their age, sex, race, disability, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital/civil partnership status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are a Disability Confident committed and Living Wage employer.
Proud member of the Disability Confident employer scheme
About Disability Confident
A Disability Confident employer will generally offer an interview to any applicant that declares they have a disability and meets the minimum criteria for the job as defined by the employer. It is important to note that in certain recruitment situations such as high-volume, seasonal and high-peak times, the employer may wish to limit the overall numbers of interviews offered to both disabled people and non-disabled people. For more details please go to Disability Confident