You will be responsible for all aspects of the day to day running of our housing arm Millbrook Property Services. You will also be a resource for the organisation to advise on property related matters.
We currently have a small dispersed portfolio of properties concentrated in Surrey, Leicestershire and Cambridgeshire. We also have individual properties in Leeds, Oban, Wolverhampton and Norwich. We have ambitions for growth and you will play a key role in bringing new properties and tenants into our portfolio. We also have divisional offices across England and Scotland.
Affinity Trust is a national charity, providing high-quality, personalised support to adults with learning disabilities. Experience of property management or maintenance in the social care, health or social housing sectors would be an advantage but not essential – we will consider people with transferable skills and experience. You must be able to display empathy to the needs of people we support and be able to work cooperatively with support staff in a multi-site environment.
Delivering an excellent maintenance service to our properties is a key part of this role. You should be able to demonstrate experience of proactively managing cost, quality and performance in contractor relationships.
As the Property Manager you can be home based. However, you will also be required to undertake regular visits to our head office in Thame, residential properties and new property developments.
Affinity Trust are an equal opportunities employer that promotes diversity within our workforce and welcome applications from all sections of the community, regardless of sexual orientation, race, age, gender, disability, religion or belief.
Skills & Experience
You will be a highly organised self- starter who will take ownership of issues. You will have the ability to quickly build a reputation in the organisation for getting things done.
You will have technical knowledge of maintenance which will help you deal with contractors and resolve issues quickly. You will also bring expertise in relation to managing health and safety as ensuring the organisation meets all its obligations as a landlord. We are looking for someone who is an all-rounder but we are prepared to offer training to the right candidate.
You must be an excellent communicator, responding to enquiries and concerns promptly. You will have great people skills to deal with sometimes challenging situations positively.
Being organised and working to deadlines is essential. You will have strong project management skills. You must enjoy working in an operational environment and have a proven track record in improving service delivery and meeting financial targets.
- Experienced in working in a multi-site environment.
- Experience of managing budgets
- Experience of managing contractors
- Experience of managing projects
- Experience of managing customer relationships and conflicting demands
- Experience of achieving value for money and meeting financial targets
- Knowledge of tenancy related legislation
- Knowledge of health and safety
- Knowledge of building construction, the diagnosis of maintenance defects and identification of solutions
- Experience in managing property
- Experience of managing refurbishment works contracts
- CIH, RICS, IRPM, CIOB membership
- A housing, property or construction related qualification
- Knowledge of the social care sector, especially learning disability
We offer a range of benefits including:
- 23 days annual leave (increasing with service) plus 8 bank holidays
- contributory pension scheme
- excellent training and development opportunities
- employee assistance scheme and occupational health support,
- Affinity4you reward scheme.
Proud member of the Disability Confident employer scheme
About Disability Confident
A Disability Confident employer will generally offer an interview to any applicant that declares they have a disability and meets the minimum criteria for the job as defined by the employer. It is important to note that in certain recruitment situations such as high-volume, seasonal and high-peak times, the employer may wish to limit the overall numbers of interviews offered to both disabled people and non-disabled people. For more details please go to Disability Confident