Business Development Manager
|Posting date:||13 July 2020|
|Salary:||£35,000.00 to £55,000.00 per year|
|Closing date:||12 August 2020|
|Location:||Salford, Greater Manchester, M5 4WT|
|Company:||Hays Specialist Recruitment|
Business Development Manager - Specialist Lifting Contractor
Your new company
A leading Shoring, Lifting, and Safety Hire and Sale Contractor, who supply into the construction and oil and gas industries are looking to recruit an experienced Business Development Manager with knowledge in the Lifting Industry to join their team.
Your new role
Your focus will be on the improvement in profitable Hire and Sales activity within your assigned area. To build market position by locating, developing, defining, negotiating and closing business relationships. Main Activities
- Establishment of the business as a recognised centre for the Sale and Hire of Lifting Equipment Nationwide.
- Responsible for all aspects of the division, in all locations, including Profit and Loss
- Train and recruit adequate staff required to enable growth within the division
- Establish economies of scale within the supply chain
- Introduction of new product lines into the business generating additional revenues
- Introduction of new customer base into the business generating additional revenues
- Identify and generate new business opportunities by contacting potential customers; discovering and exploring new opportunities
- Research and identify streams of work to target as well as new customers
- Close new business deals by co-ordinating requirements; developing and negotiating contracts
- Deliver long term contracts and supply agreements to a wide range of potential new customers through effective presentations and face-to-face negotiations
- Screen potential business deals by analysing marketing strategies, deal requirements, potential and financials, evaluate options; resolve internal priorities
- Develop negotiating strategies and positions by studying integration of new venture/ ideas with Company strategies and operations; examine risks and potentials
- Maintain an effective and positive relationship with other depots/ departments
- To provide accurate and timely information as required by the Company
- Ensure all administration is kept up-to-date including inputting information into the CRM system and monthly KPI reports (won/ lost/ pending on designs)
- To provide reports as and when required by management.
What you'll need to succeed
- experience in the lifting sector.
- experience within LEEA standards and procedures
What you'll get in return
You will receive a very competitive basic salary and bonus structure.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.