|Posting date:||13 July 2020|
|Salary:||£8.75 per hour|
|Closing date:||12 August 2020|
|Company:||Grove Social Care|
|Job reference:||GR1 LINCOLN|
Candidates would ideally have a minimum of a years experience in support or social care work or experience working with young people.
Job Description: (Due to age of the client group you must be over 22 years old)
As a Grove Social Care Agency Worker, you could work for various Service Providers in your area supporting children and young people in their homes. You will need to be a good role model, and actively want to support young people to:
• Develop their life skills and access local services and activities – e.g. leisure, education, employment, volunteering, healthcare.
• Develop healthy lifestyles, positive relationships, resilience, self-esteem and confidence.
• Be happy, secure and live in a clean home, where everyone is safe from the behaviour of others.
You will also:
• Provide emotional support to children and young people who may have complex needs and may present challenging or criminal behaviour.
• Safeguard young people as a priority. Report any concerns to your Service Provider Line Manager.
• Drive the company cars to transport young people to appointments.
• Liaise with professionals, relatives and other interested parties.
• Be a professional, upstanding role model with high morals, values and standards.
• Observe strict confidentiality and data protection concerning young people (past and present) and the organisation, during and after employment.
• Follow the Service Provider’s policies, procedures, goals, guidance, risk assessments, reporting and monitoring requirements.
• Check homes are safe, clean, hygienic and be aware of health and safety dangers.
• Attend all compulsory training, refresher training, meetings and supervisions.
We endeavour to find you temporary and full-time work. The hours may be up to 15 hours per shift. You will also probably be required to sleep-in on shifts from 2300 hours to 0800 hours. A typical shift may be from 0900 hours to 0900 hours the next day.
As an agency worker you choose when and if you wish to work. As from 1st April 2020, the rate of pay is £8.75 an hour, for both support hours between the hours of 08:00 – 23:00 and the sleep-in hours of 23:00 – 08:00.
There are also full-time contracts available if you choose to work directly for Sixteen Plus Limited. You can earn in excess of £25,000 pa based on a 35hr week (inclusive of sleeps), up to £33,000 pa for 3 days a week (inclusive of sleeps).
As of 1st April, you will be entitled to annual leave, and this will be paid separately to your wage. Unless specified, your leave entitlement in any annual leave year is 196 hours or 5.6 weeks equivalent of full time working. The annual leave is accrued each month. Those that work less than the full-time equivalent will accrue annual leave entitlement on a pro – rota basis.
Proud member of the Disability Confident employer scheme
- About Disability Confident
- A Disability Confident employer will generally offer an interview to any applicant that declares they have a disability and meets the minimum criteria for the job as defined by the employer. It is important to note that in certain recruitment situations such as high-volume, seasonal and high-peak times, the employer may wish to limit the overall numbers of interviews offered to both disabled people and non-disabled people. For more details please go to Disability Confident.