Discharge and Transfer Lead | University Hospitals of Derby and Burton NHS Foundation Trust
|Posting date:||10 July 2020|
|Additional salary information:||£31,365 - £37,890 pa|
|Closing date:||09 August 2020|
|Location:||Derby, DE22 3NE|
|Company:||University Hospitals of Derby and Burton NHS Foundation Trust|
2 posts for Fixed Term/Secondment until march 2021
We have an exciting opportunity to join a forward thinking innovative multi-disciplinary, multi organisational, Integrated Discharge Team that works across boundaries in delivering high quality patient centered discharges. Building on the close links we have with our colleagues in Social Care, Intermediate care and county hospitals we work closely to deliver high quality patient discharges either to the home environment or to inpatient rehab following the Discharge Pathways that we work closely towards following in line with policy guidelines.
You will be either be a qualified Registered Nurse, Occupational Therapist or Physiotherapist. You will work Monday to Friday covering the hours 8:00 am to 4:00 pm, working approximately one weekend in seven.
You will be responsible for managing a set number of wards with the support of administration team members. Working closely with the ward MDT on your allocated wards assessing patients for discharge to the most appropriate pathway. You will be responsible for managing any delays to discharge on your allocated wards, with the support of the Integrated Discharge Team Leaders.
In return we will offer:
• Development opportunities, including both professional and leadership development, together with an opportunity to work across some or all of our 5 sites depending on specialty
• Support through every step of the way from recruitment to when you join our team and beyond
• Friendly, supportive and caring colleagues
• A variety of other staff benefits including employee assistance programme, discounted gym membership, onsite fitness classes, car schemes
Key facts about our Trust:
• Every day our hospitals see more than 4,000 outpatients
• We see more Trauma & Orthopaedic outpatients than any other Trust – over 3,300 per week
• An average 860 patients are seen in A&E every day – the 6th largest in the country
• Our hospitals admit more than 220 emergency patients every day
• We carry out more planned surgical operations than any other Trust in England with almost 50,000 operations taking place in our 52 operating theatres
• We are one of only 5 Trusts nationally with more than 50 operating theatres
• We carry out more than 300 elective procedures each working day
• We employ 12,000 staff across our 5 hospital sites
• We have a Director of Allied Health Professionals who is committed to provide leadership, progression and direction to AHPs
Closing Date: 17th July 2020
Interview Date: 6th and 7th August 2020
Due to COVID-19 and the Governments guidance on social distancing your interview may be carried out via Microsoft Teams. If this is the case you will be notified in advance so that if you don’t have the app you can download it either on to your phone or computer/laptop. The download is free of charge. Where your interview is face to face, the Trust will ensure social distancing. You will be required to wear a mask on all UHDB premises. If you have Covid-19 related symptoms or are shielding and have been invited for a face to face interview please request a Microsoft Teams interview.
If we receive a high number of applications for this position we reserve the right to withdraw the post before the closing date, therefore it is advisable that you apply as early as possible to avoid disappointment.
Trac emails can sometimes go in to your junk mail so please check this for feedback on your application.
This advert closes on Friday 17 Jul 2020