Care Assistant- Nights
|Posting date:||09 July 2020|
|Salary:||£17,409 per year|
|Additional salary information:||£17,409.60 per annum|
|Closing date:||08 August 2020|
|Location:||Flitwick, MK45 1BA|
|Company:||Reed Talent Solutions|
Care Assistant- Nights
Location: Flitwick, Bedfordshire
Salary: £17,409.60 per annum (£9.30/ hour)
Working hours: 36 hours over 7 day rota- night shifts only 20:00-08:00
(Required to work every other weekend - 2 week rolling rota)
Are you caring, compassionate and looking to make a difference to people lives?
Do you strive towards excellence and respect?
Then we want to hear from you!
We are looking for a caring, kind, compassionate and thoughtful individuals to join our outstanding team of Care Assistants. Our Care Assistants are at the heart of our Homes and are integral part of our service. You will be working within a people-centred environment, providing first class care to our residents.
- Providing direct person centred care to all residents, promoting their individuality and dignity at all times.
- Ensuring their hygiene, elimination, mobility, physical comfort, eating and drinking needs are met.
- Reporting immediately to the nurse, any illness, accident or event incurred by a resident, colleague, self or visitor to the home
- Regularly undertaking observations of residents as determined in their care plans. To offer ongoing comfort to those who may be ill or requiring care at the end of their life and their supporters, ensuring that their religious or cultural needs are fulfilled
- Annual leave – 28 days
- Buying and selling annual leave - We know that getting the balance right between work and home life is a big part of supporting our colleagues’ wellbeing.
- Paid time off to volunteer in our communities.
- Season ticket loans
- A healthcare cash back plan – allowing you to claim back cash for you and your family’s routine healthcare.
- Colleague recognition scheme – we let you know when you’ve done a #greatjob
- One Academy – our innovative, in-house learning and development offering, designed to support with your personal and professional development.
- Study leave – up to five days off per year to study toward a relevant qualification.
- Career break - after three years’ continuous service.
- A genuine interest in caring for others
- Work or personal experience of caring for someone
- Willing to undertake further training
- Level 2 NVQ in Health and Social Care – desirable
Baycroft create luxury care homes and senior villages, designed to cater to the varying and individual needs of all our residents. Our aim is to develop homes and villages that you are proud to call home. We strive to create luxury homes in beautiful surroundings that offer the highest levels of care, service and flexibility. Part of the One Housing Group, Baycroft Homes are to the highest standards and are committed to delivering a service that is second to none.
As an organisation with a strong social purpose, One Housing works in some of the most diverse communities in the UK and their workforce reflects that. We understand the strength we gain from having and supporting our diverse teams. The different skills and experiences that our colleagues from different backgrounds bring to us allow us to make better decisions, consider different views and be an altogether more interesting and cohesive place to work.
We welcome applications from everyone, regardless of their background.
If you feel you have the skills and experience to excel in this position, please apply now to avoid missing out!
Proud member of the Disability Confident employer scheme
- About Disability Confident
- A Disability Confident employer will generally offer an interview to any applicant that declares they have a disability and meets the minimum criteria for the job as defined by the employer. It is important to note that in certain recruitment situations such as high-volume, seasonal and high-peak times, the employer may wish to limit the overall numbers of interviews offered to both disabled people and non-disabled people. For more details please go to Disability Confident.