Community Carer (Social care)
|Posting date:||06 July 2020|
|Salary:||£10.00 to £10.25 per hour|
|Additional salary information:||Company pension scheme, comprehensive training package and on going management support, Refer a friend scheme, above and beyond scheme, £100 Bonus on succesful completion of probationary period|
|Closing date:||05 August 2020|
|Location:||Ilkley, West Yorkshire|
|Company:||Carers and Companions Ltd|
To be responsible for delivering high quality, person-centered care and support for clients, including elderly people, those with learning and/or physical disabilities and other vulnerable people, to help them live as independently as possible in their homes and the community.
Core responsibilities and tasks
1. Enable clients to gain independence, increase confidence and promote rehabilitation with the following: care and hygiene, continence management, pressure sore prevention, medication support, monitoring diet and fluid intake, promoting diet and fluid intake, daily living and homecare tasks and assistance with finances.
2. To deliver care and support to clients on a day to day basis in line with agreed care packages and an understanding of their routines and preferences.
3. To maintain accurate, concise and timely records of client care, dietary and fluid monitoring records, medication records, time sheets and mileage sheets.
4. Maintain confidentiality at all times in line with Carers and Companions policies. Maintain robust record keeping procedures in line with relevant data protection and confidentiality requirements,
5. To identify, report and respond to new and emerging client needs e.g. monitoring improvements and deteriorations, recognizing and responding to client goals, achievements and feedback.
6. To liaise with other professionals e.g. G.Ps, District Nurses, Social Workers, Pharmacists, chiropodists, to support the delivery of appropriate care and support to clients.
7. To develop and maintain positive relationships with clients, family members, careers and/or friends involved in their daily lives, care and support
8. To comply with all relevant standards, policies and procedures of the company ensuring the highest quality and safety of service at all times.
9. To identify improvements to the service including sourcing and reporting feedback from clients, their families and other relevant parties.
10. To assist with the review of home care services attending meetings with Care Coordinator’s and Managers as required.
11. To keep up to date with best practice, new developments and regulatory changes to health and social care
12. Other duties commensurate with the role as agreed.