Business Intelligence Analyst
|Posting date:||10 June 2020|
|Salary:||£44,000 to £55,000 per year|
|Closing date:||08 July 2020|
|Company:||PayPal UK limited|
The Braintree Analytics Team is committed to delivering actionable and insightful reporting and analysis to drive all parts of the business forward. We relentlessly advocate the use of empirical evidence to inform decisions so Braintree may achieve their greatest potential. As Braintree products and features rapidly evolve, the Data Analytics Team is key in identifying insights that can drive the next wave of payment innovations.
● Communication is key to our process, and we don't want to hinder it with walls. Many analysts work in pairs, which means you always have another set of eyes to help you.
● We keep the team in sync with daily stand-ups and have regular retrospectives to discuss things that are going well and opportunities for improvements.
● We value unique perspectives brought by diverse backgrounds and experiences. A broad range of ideas and perspectives help us to create the best possible output.
● We learn and grow as a team with bi-weekly knowledge shares
Types of projects we work on:
● We partner with Product teams to understand, measure and track product performance and adoption of new product features
● We work alongside with the Data Science team to provide insights in the process of building out innovative decision engines and products
● We influence how product features are prioritized and built using data-driven evidence
● We facility the accessibility of data to enable our teammates to create their own analysis.
● We create and maintain customized merchant-facing reports and analysis to enrich the analytics offering from Braintree
● We support major Braintree and Paypal product/business initiatives by serving as the centralized knowledge repo for
What we look for in you:
• Several years of payments industry experience, with an emphasis on e-commerce. Understand the nuanced relationship between gateway, processor, acquirers and merchants.
• Ability and desire to work in our collaborative environment including pair coding and comprehensive peer review.
• Strong communication skills, particularly in explaining complex topics to technical/non-technical, advanced/novice audiences alike
• Proven experience and ability to parse internal documentation, developer documentation, and code repositories. Deep understanding and experience in Github, Jira, Confluence, MS Teams and collaboration tools
• Proven Experience in Data extraction using Data Lake, Redshift, Pyspark and SparkSQL
• Proven Experience in Data Analysis using Python, and experienced with data analytics packages such as Scikit-Learn, NumPy and Pandas.
• Experience in publishing data visualization using Looker, building customized fields, calculated variables and manipulate Looker data structure using LookML
● Open dev days: every two weeks we spend a day working on projects that interest us and help us expand our skills and knowledge.
● Participation in the technology community: we help cover travel and attendance costs for conferences, and we offer opportunities and tools for speaking.
● Remote friendly culture
● Check out our Careers page for more company perks.
Salary Range: £44,000-£55,000 per year.