Care agency Registered Manager
|Posting date:||23 May 2020|
|Closing date:||22 June 2020|
|Location:||Sunderland, Tyne & Wear|
|Company:||Step In Care Ltd|
|Job reference:||Registered manager|
Registered Care Manager – Home Care Services
As a Care Manager, you will provide physical and emotional support to individuals and supervise teams of care assistants.
Duties of the job include:
• supervising a team of care assistants
• writing care plans;
• monitoring patients’ vital signs, like blood pressure and heart rate;
• completing patient medication records;
• developing and leading activities for service users;
• keeping families up to date about their relatives’ progress;
• training and mentoring new staff;
• attending team meetings with service managers;
• providing emergency cover.
• Excellent Caring Skills;
• leadership and motivational skills;
• Attention to details.
GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES: POLICIES AND PROCEDURES
The post-holder is required to familiarise themselves with all policies and procedures and to comply with these at all times. Failure to comply with any of these policies may result in disciplinary action up to and including dismissal. These have been agreed with staff and Staff Side and are as follows:
• Treat others as you would like to be treated;
• Listen to and support others and make time to do so;
• Seek, acknowledge and value others’ experience and contribution;
• Acknowledge others’ beliefs;
• Be courteous and considerate to all;
• Treat others fairly and equally;
• Be honest and trustworthy and act with integrity;
• Encourage others to treat all staff with respect;
• Challenge the behaviour of staff who do not show respect to other.
CONFIDENTIALITY & DATA PROTECTION
The post-holder must maintain the confidentiality of information about Clients, staff and other health service business and meet the requirements of the Data Protection Act (1998) at all times. The post-holder must comply with all company Information and Data Protection policies at all times.
HEALTH AND SAFETY
Employees must be aware of the responsibilities placed on them under the Health and Safety at Work Act (1974) and any subsequent relevant legislation and must follow these in full at all times including ensuring that they act in line with all agreed procedures at all times in order to maintain a safe environment for Clients, visitors and staff. Failure to comply with these policies may result in disciplinary action up to and including dismissal.
The company has an agreed policy & procedure which links with a range of services and arrangements for staff to manage stress. All staff are required to familiarise themselves with the policy and services to best manage their own and their colleagues’ stress.
HEALTHCARE ASSOCIATED INFECTIONS (HCAIs)
All staff has a responsibility to act and follow all instructions to protect Clients, staff and others from HCAIs.
All staff are required to follow the Hygiene Code and all company policies and procedures related to it and the Health Act 2006. Failure to comply with any of these may result in disciplinary action up to and including dismissal.
EQUALITY & DIVERSITY
The company has adopted a Managing Staff Diversity Strategy & Policy covering all of its staff and it is the responsibility of all staff to comply with these requirements at all times. The key responsibilities for staff under this Strategy and Policy are set out in the Code of Conduct for Employees. Failure to comply with these policies may result in disciplinary action up to and including dismissal.
This job description is intended to provide a broad outline of the main responsibilities only. The post-holder is required to be flexible in developing their role in agreement with their designated manager. In addition, they may be required by their manager to carry out any other duty commensurate with their banding and expertise.
Minimum 1-3 years of experience in healthcare industry as a Care Manager or Care Assistant.
• level 3 college qualification in health and social care;
• clearance from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).