|Posting date:||23 May 2020|
|Salary:||£15,671 to £15,671 per year|
|Additional salary information:||£15,671 (During Training)|
|Closing date:||22 June 2020|
|Location:||Newcastle Upon Tyne, Tyne & Wear|
|Company:||Army Careers Centre Tyne & Wear|
Once you’ve completed your training you’ll be posted to your first unit in the field army. You’ll go wherever you’re needed, which may mean a trip overseas. Wherever you go and whatever you’re required to fix, you’ll need to have a go-getting attitude, dedication to the job and a desire to be part of a team. Give us that and we’ll give you the chance to do something that really matters.
Find where you belong.
Join us and you’ll start by learning the soldiering skills common to every member of the British Army, like outdoor survival and the safe handling of weapons. Then it’s off to the Defence College of Electrical and Mechanical Engineering at the Ministry of Defence Lyneham in Wiltshire. This is where you learn to service, fix, inspect and adapt a huge range of equipment. You will also be trained to drive, meaning you’ll not only get your driver’s licence earlier than your civilian friends, but you’ll be trained to drive more than just cars; think trucks, vans and many other HGV’s. We’ll also pay for your training.
The Army can help you gain a range of qualifications. These could include:
• Advanced Apprenticeship in Engineering Manufacture
• Level 3 Diploma in Engineering Technology
• Bachelor of Science Degree in Electronic Systems Engineering
• Qualifications at different levels, in Leadership and Management
• Drivers licences across a range of HGV’s and automobiles
• Level 3 NVQ Extended Diploma in Engineering Maintenance
SHOW PEOPLE WHAT YOU’RE CAPABLE OF
We'll be with you every step of the way as you move up the ranks. From the moment you begin your training you'll get all the support and encouragement you need to make a success of your career. Work hard and you'll soon get promoted, which means more responsibility and extra pay.
Become an Electronics Technician and you’ll:
- Earn a starting salary of around £15,600 during Basic Training which will rise to £20,000 after completing 26 weeks’ training or after completing your Initial Trade Training, if less than 26 weeks
- Receive subsidised accommodation and facilities, increasing your disposable income
- Receive free medical and dental health cover
- Have the continuous access promotional opportunity and to continually progress your career
- Be sponsored to earn valuable civilian-recognised qualifications
- Take part in Adventurous Training and be able to play your favourite sports.
BELONG TO SOMETHING THAT MATTERS
You should be:
• Regular Army age: 16.6 – 35.6 years
• Army Reserve age: 17.9 - 49.11 years
Qualifications you’ll need:
• Regular: GCSE Grade A – C/9-4 in at least English Language, Maths and Science
• Mid-thigh pull of 46kg
• Medicine ball throw of 3.1m
• 2km run in 11min 15 sec (11 min 30 sec for Junior Entry)
Interests you’ll have:
• Fixing things
• Helping people
• Decision making & responsibility
• Working outside
Our next deadline for application is 31st March 2020, with further opportunities ongoing throughout the year.
FIND WHERE YOU BELONG