Vehicle Mechanic – Royal Electrical and Mechanical Engineers
|Posting date:||23 May 2020|
|Salary:||£15,671 to £15,671 per year|
|Additional salary information:||£15,671 (During Training)|
|Closing date:||22 June 2020|
|Location:||Newcastle Upon Tyne, Tyne & Wear|
|Company:||Army Careers Centre Tyne & Wear|
No matter your experience, background or skills, we need your drive and passion to keep our fleets intact. With first-class training and civilian-recognised qualifications, we’ll turn you into an expert mechanic and help you realise your full potential. If you’re ready and willing, we want to hear from you.
Join us and you’ll start by learning the soldiering skills common to every member of the British Army, like outdoor survival and the safe handling of weapons. After this, you’ll head to Ministry of Defence Lyneham. Here, you’ll learn all the skills you need to be a mechanic – how to fix vehicles, carry out maintenance, repairs and inspections on tanks, trucks and quads. You’ll also get your car and HGV driving licences.
The Army can help you gain a range of qualifications. These could include:
• Level 3 Advanced Apprenticeship in Engineering Maintenance
• Level 5 Higher National Diploma in Engineering
• Qualifications at different levels, in Leadership and Management
• Car and HGV licences and opportunities for tracked vehicle and plant licences
SHOW PEOPLE WHAT YOU’RE CAPABLE OF
We'll be behind you every step of the way as you move up the ranks. Right from the start of your training, you’ll get the support and encouragement you need to make a success of your career. Work hard and you could get promoted, which will mean more responsibility and extra pay.
Become a Vehicle Mechanic and you’ll:
- Earn a starting salary of around £15,600 during Basic Training which will rise to £20,000 after completing 26 weeks’ training or after completing your Initial Trade Training, if less than 26 weeks
- Receive subsidised accommodation and facilities, increasing your disposable income
- Receive free medical and dental health cover
- Have the continuous access promotional opportunity and to continually progress your career
- Be sponsored to earn valuable civilian-recognised qualifications
- Take part in Adventurous Training and be able to play your favourite sports.
BELONG TO SOMETHING THAT MATTERS
You should be:
• Regular Army age: 16.6 – 35.6 years
• Army Reserve age: 17.9 - 49.11 years
Qualifications you’ll need:
• GCSE Grade A–D/9-3 in at least English Language, Maths and Science
• Mid-thigh pull of 94kg
• Medicine ball throw of 3.1m
• 2km run in 11min 15 sec (11 min 30 sec for Junior Entry)
Interests you’ll have:
• Outdoor activities
• Helping people
Our next deadline for application is 31st March 2020, with further opportunities ongoing throughout the year.
FIND WHERE YOU BELONG >