SEND Secondary Teacher
|Posting date:||23 May 2020|
|Salary:||£125 to £135 per day|
|Closing date:||21 June 2020|
|Location:||Brent, London, NW9 0JY|
Our school is looking for a Teacher with SEND experience in Autism (ASC) to lead a small Key Stage 3 class.
The school caters for pupils with autism as well as those with speech and communicational difficulties. Therefore, previous or existing experience working with pupils with these challenges would be an advantage. Class sizes are small, and academic standards are low. Some of the students have challenging behaviours and Global Development delay.
The class you'll be responsible for is a small class of 6 -8 students with mixed abilities. All students are mid to high functioning. 3 students have PMLD (profound multiple learning difficulties) and complex needs support. Manual handling and hoist techniques are required for the students; however, this is done with their trained Learning Support Assistants. The remaining students have moderate learning difficulties. The students are currently working to Key Stage 3 curriculum.
Ideally, you will:
• Be able to commit to a full-time role (5 days per week)
• Have previous or existing experience working with children with different educational
• Confidence differentiating lessons for pupils with a range of different academic abilities
• A good knowledge of the national curriculum or confident in supporting small groups
with particular subject/s (e.g. Numeracy, literacy booster groups)
• Cable of dealing with challenging behaviour, promoting focus, classroom management
and on-going 1:1 support where necessary
• Good interpersonal and communicational skills
• Familiarity with instructional approaches required to facilitate complete access to the
curriculum for pupils with ASD as well as speech and communicational difficulties
If this role is of interest to you, or you are just generally seeking new opportunities within a SEND setting, please feel free to contact Richard at Protocol Education on 0203 219 7740 or send your CV to Richard.email@example.com for further information.