Community Support Worker
|Posting date:||22 May 2020|
|Additional salary information:||£19,737 to £21,142 pa|
|Closing date:||04 June 2020|
|Location:||Plymouth, PL4 7QD|
The Crisis Response Team is looking for B3 Support Workers to join our friendly innovative team. We support people to stay at home during a time of acute physical illness and offer alternatives to hospital admission. We also work closely with our partner teams in Derriford Hospital to ensure people are not admitted unnecessarily.
Key duties include providing care visits for people in their own homes and rehabilitation under the supervision of our therapy team. Successful candidates will also support our intermediate and out of hours nursing teams and social care team in keeping people well and safe at home during a period of acute illness.
Based at Mount Gould Hospital, applicants will need a range of skills to support the delivery of person centred care. As part of an integrated team, you will work with people with a variety of health & social needs in their own homes and care homes across Plymouth.
CCRT will provide training and support to the right candidates who can offer flexibility, compassion and a ‘can do’ attitude’.
CCRT is a 7 day service including Bank Holidays.
Livewell Southwest values its staff and makes investment in their development a priority. Currently we offer the following development opportunities for staff:
- A minimum of three days protected CPD for registered staff
- Development pathways for unregistered staff from apprentice to bands 2, 3 and 4 and for registered staff in bands 5, 6, 7 and 8
- Leadership programmes
- Coaching and mentoring
- Medicines Management, leg Ulcer Management and Assessment Training
- Access and funding for training including Care Certificate, Assistant Practitioners Course and Scholarship Into Nurse Training
- Robust Preceptorship
- An induction programme tailored to your needs
- Relocation package may be considered for the right candidate for certain roles
Rewards and benefits
- Discounts available from retailers, UK hotels and main attractions – often up to 15% savings
- NHS Pension Scheme and competitive Pension Scheme with Scottish Widows and/or Government Pension scheme (conditions apply)
- Lease car scheme (available after satisfactory completion of probation/conditions apply)
- Cycle to work scheme (available after satisfactory completion of probation)
- Childcare vouchers
- School holiday childcare subsidies
- Multiple flexible working options
Livewell Southwest can allow existing members of the NHS Pension Scheme to continue their membership when they join the organisation.
All Livewell Southwest staff are expected to able and willing to work across a 7 day service.
Job share(s) considered.