Marketing and Communications Officers (Active Essex) x 2
|Dyddiad hysbysebu:||25 May 2020|
|Cyflog:||£24,735.0 to £26,275 per year|
|Dyddiad cau:||29 May 2020|
|Lleoliad:||Chelmsford, Essex, cm11qh|
|Cwmni:||Essex County Council|
|Math o swydd:||Contract|
Please note these positions are to be offered on a 2-year, fixed term contract basis until May 2022
Interviews scheduled to be held Thursday 4th and Friday 5th June 2020
The Active Essex team are on a mission to "Change 1 Million lives to get Essex Active" - focusing on increasing and sustaining participation in physical activity and sport, bring the benefits of physical and mental wellbeing to our population and impacting on the wider outcomes that are associated with this.
Following internal staff reorganisation there is also an opportunity for two marketing and communications professionals to help support Active Essex's needs in this space, as we deliver a wide range of innovative and exciting projects that will help get the county active.
We have three parts of our business - our core strategic work, in partnership with Sport England and Essex County Council, has a strong focus on addressing inactivity, particularly in areas of socio-economic disadvantage and within traditionally underrepresented groups.
We are also at the heart of driving the Essex Local Delivery Pilot, one of 12 places selected by Sport England to look at innovation in this space, hardwire physical activity and sport into local systems, working closely with local communities.
Active Essex also has a charity arm - The Active Essex Foundation. These role's will also support the marketing and communications requirements of the charity.
This role requires a qualification in either marketing, communications or social media, alongside a good practical knowledge of the full marketing mix and demonstrable experience of supporting the delivery of effective marketing campaigns and activities.
You will support communications for projects and campaigns through a broad range of channels and strategies engaging print and social media. Events such as the annual Sports Awards and the seasonal and inclusive schools games, as well as being the public voice for the Sport England 'This Girl Can' campaign.
You will lead on content and management of the website, develop further the Active Essex social media presence and write and produce newsletters to various audiences.
Ideally, the successful candidate will also possess creative and skills in digital design and be able to follow brand guidelines and produce small scale pieces of design work.
The ability to build strong working relationships will be essential to success. The role requires an individual who welcomes change with a growth mindset and the ability to work flexibly and collaboratively across structural boundaries, in support of key outcomes.
* Responsible for supporting the Marketing and Communications Lead to develop a comprehensive and dynamic marketing and communications strategy and plans for Active Essex, in support of the wider functional strategy.
* Support the development and delivery of innovative marketing campaigns effectively utilising the Active Essex brand to promote our activities.
* Work with the Director of Active Essex, Strategic Lead of Business Operations and the team experts as required, to develop and deliver multi-channel marketing campaigns and activity, including internal and external (B2B & B2C) communication, exploiting the use of digital and web-based media, alongside traditional marketing and communications.
* Responsible for producing media releases for high profile projects, initiatives and events. Develop strong relationships with local, national and specialist media, establishing regular lines of communication in order to achieve regular coverage with target media. Ensure that this is developed in line with the service wide advertising strategy.
* Support campaign design and delivery, to deliver a demonstrable return on investment, ensuring that all campaigns are cost effective and meaningfully grow our target audiences to increase reach and impact.
* Undertake regular evaluation of all marketing and communications activity, producing detailed reports, analysis and advice on a regular basis, to inform future plans to effectively commercialise the service.
* Build strong working relationships with internal and external stakeholders, including ECC Comms team, Local Authority, NGB's, Press/ PR/ radio and other external partners to deliver joint objectives, which are mutually beneficial.
* Specific individual and shared targets and objectives will be defined annually within the performance management framework.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
* Excellent IT literacy and proficiency across the key social media sites.
* Strong writing skills with a persuasive, 'can do' attitude. Basic design skills working to an already in-place brand book would be advantageous.
* Evidence of continuing professional development and knowledge in relevant professional area.
* Evidence of successful collaborative working with partners.
* Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal) with demonstrable interpersonal, influencing and negotiating skills and experience.
* High level of accuracy and attention to detail.
* Excellent organisational skills; the ability to manage multiple projects, prioritise and meet deadlines.
* Experience of effective working within a team environment and liaising with a wide range of contacts in a professional manner.
The team operates a mobile and flexible working policy, the successful candidates based at County Hall, Chelmsford.