Interim Operational Manager
|Posting date:||22 May 2020|
|Additional salary information:||To Be Confirmed|
|Closing date:||10 June 2020|
|Location:||Bournemouth, Dorset, BH10 4ES|
|Company:||Sanctuary Personnel Ltd|
Sanctuary Executive is currently looking for an experienced and dedicated Interim Operational Manager to work full-time in Bournemouth. The ideal candidate will possess highly developed specialist knowledge of social work practice in Adults' Services.
The pay rate for this locum Interim Operational Manager job is to be confirmed per day (Assignment rate) and is an initial 6-month contract.Duties:
- Driving service quality and development through a continuous improvement loop, by operating as part of the wider ASC management team to support the development of strategic business plans and objectives.
- Leading effective service delivery by setting and managing clear business objectives that are consistent with corporate priorities, monitoring and evaluation of team and service performance against local and national quality standards, performance targets and designated policy and practice.
- Being a role model in ensuring that residents of BCP Council receive the support they are entitled to, and which meets their diverse needs, by ensuring compliance with prevailing legislation and statutory guidance.
- Developing constructive working relationships with system partners to achieve collective objectives and overcome barriers to joint-working by influencing and engaging with internal and external stakeholders, including other statutory bodies such as those within the National Health Service, Department for Work and Pensions etc., and, where necessary, providing specialist input on complex and contentious matters.
- Ensuring that staff are suitably knowledgeable and skilled to deliver a quality service and have the opportunities to access training and support necessary to meet their personal and professional development objectives, thus contributing to succession planning. This will be achieved by undertaking the full range of people management and staff development activity for all designated teams/staff.
- Ensuring that services are delivered to a high standard and in the most cost-efficient way through effective management of delegated budgets and limited resources in accordance with the Council's financial regulations. Ensuring that expenditure remains within budgeted levels and budgetary targets are achieved.
- Contributing to residents of BCP Council achieving their desired quality of life, safety and fulfilment, by taking responsibility for promoting strengths-based and person-centred approaches in all areas and activity of the service.
- Promoting and maintaining the integrity of management information, by adhering to prevailing Information Governance & Data Protection protocols, and the accurate use of recording systems (both manual and computerised).
- Promoting internal and external business/working relationships and communications by attending or chairing meetings, participating in cover arrangements for the Head of Service, as appropriate, working with Corporate Communications colleagues, and contributing to business continuity/civil contingency situations.
- Supporting business continuity in other ASC fieldwork teams by processing requests for deployment of peripatetic social workers.
- Promoting and supporting innovation and learning in service delivery by applying evidence-based best practice and participating, as appropriate, in relevant research-related activities.
- Managing an internal peripatetic social work service by assessing competing demands for resources and allocating these to support other fieldwork teams across Adult Social Care
- Membership of a relevant professional body, DBS check
- Must be able to travel, using public or other forms of transport where they are viable, or by holding a valid UK driving licence with access to own or pool car.
- Ability to work flexibly according to the requirements of the post.
This Interim Operational Manager job is advertised by John Rudland; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.
Proud member of the Disability Confident employer scheme
- About Disability Confident
- A Disability Confident employer will generally offer an interview to any applicant that declares they have a disability and meets the minimum criteria for the job as defined by the employer. It is important to note that in certain recruitment situations such as high-volume, seasonal and high-peak times, the employer may wish to limit the overall numbers of interviews offered to both disabled people and non-disabled people. For more details please go to Disability Confident.