Junior Quantitative Researcher
|Posting date:||01 May 2020|
|Additional salary information:||Competitive and meets national/living wage|
|Closing date:||31 May 2020|
|Company:||Squarepoint Capital LLP|
Salary: Competitive and meets national/living wage
Posting Date: 01 May 2020
Closing Date: 29 May 2020
Squarepoint is a global investment management firm that utilizes a diversified portfolio of systematic and quantitative strategies across financial markets that seeks to achieve high quality, uncorrelated returns for our clients. We have deep expertise in trading, technology and operations and attribute our success to rigorous scientific research. As a technology and data-driven firm, we design and build our own cutting-edge systems, from high performance trading platforms to large scale data analysis and compute farms. With main investment offices in New York, London and Singapore, we emphasize true, global collaboration by aligning our investment, technology and operations teams functionally around the world.
Overview of Quant Researcher Position:
• Research and implement strategies within the firm’s automated trading framework.
• Analyze large data sets using advanced statistical methods to identify trading opportunities.
• Develop a strong understanding of market structure of various exchanges and asset classes.
Typical Day of Quant Researcher:
• Primary focus throughout the day is on researching and implementing trading ideas.
• Before market open, check that all required data and related processes are ready for the trading day.
• During market hours, sporadically monitor behavior and performance of strategies.
Skill Set Required For Position:
• Quantitative background - includes degrees in Mathematics, Statistics, Econometrics, Financial Engineering, Operations Research, Computer Science and Physics.
• Programming proficiency with at least one major programming or scripting language (e.g. C++, Java, Python).
• Strong communication skills and ability to work well with colleagues across multiple regions.
• Previous experience in Equities alpha research
• Ability to work well under pressure.
To apply, please email your CV with reference SQU/11/92 in the subject line to Claudia Schweisfurth on Claudia.Schweisfurth@Squarepoint-Capital.com
THIS ADVERT HAS BEEN PLACED BY MAGRATH SHELDRICK LLP ON BEHALF OF SQUAREPOINT CAPITAL LLP. EMPLOYMENT WILL BE WITH SQUAREPOINT CAPITAL LLP.
It is important that you read Magrath Sheldrick LLP’s privacy terms and understand how we process data and monitor communications. Please paste this link into your browser to see our Privacy Notice: https://www.magrath.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/Magrath-Privacy-Notice-Adverts.pdf.