Principal Engineer - Waste Water treatment
|Posting date:||08 June 2020|
|Salary:||£30,000 to £50,000 per year|
|Additional salary information:||Negotiable|
|Closing date:||08 July 2020|
|Location:||Chippenham, SN15 1JW|
|Company:||Anglo Technical Recruitment|
The focus will primarily be on feasibility and we will consider applications from either civil, mechanical or electrical disciplines.
The role will include:
* being responsible for the output of feasibility design, but may also include being involved in the detailed design and construction support stages
* acting as principal engineer on behalf of the client to meet the requirements of CDM 2015
* supporting the client's design manager with the preparation and agreement of delivery plans, outputs, programmes and the general management of resources to ensure the design team delivers in line with the agreed financial approvals and programmes
* ensuring that the proposed design solutions are sustainable and can be delivered safely and cost-effectively to provide the company with the right solution for the best value, especially on a whole-life cost basis
* reviewing, auditing and approving all technical reports, appraisals, designs and drawings to ensure that they comply with our health and safety and technical standards, while meeting legal and environmental obligations
* leading appropriate challenges in line with our technical and design standards
* arranging and chairing workshops and regular design meetings to review design proposals and progress, considering issues such as buildability, commissioning, HAZOPs, control philosophy and URS reviews.
The candidate will:
* preferably be a chartered engineer (MICE or a member of a similar professional institution)
* have a minimum of 10 years' experience working within a design environment, operating at a senior level in the design of wastewater treatment schemes
* ideally have previous experience of working on water treatment projects
* have good communication skills, especially in report writing and giving technical presentations.