Band 6 Occupational Therapist
|Posting date:||14 July 2020|
|Additional salary information:||£36,000pa - £40,000pa DoE|
|Closing date:||31 July 2020|
|Location:||Bostall Heath, Knee Hill Road, Abbey Wood, SE2 0AT|
Are you looking for a new challenge where you can make a positive difference?
Give your career a positive change with an exciting opportunity that has become available at Cygnet Bostall House.
Cygnet Bostall House provides assessment and treatment for men living with a learning disability and associated complex needs. The team can also support those who have mental health needs and complex behaviours
We are currently seeking an Occupational Therapist to join us 24 hours a week on a permanent basis.
In this role you will:
- Provide direct clinical care which will encompass OT assessments, treatment and management of patients within the service.
- Assess, implement and develop an OT treatment programme according to service user’s diagnosis and identified needs. This will be based upon findings from assessments including associated risks, in order to develop treatment plans accordingly.
- Prioritise to manage a caseload of clients effectively.
- Work closely with the Occupational Therapy and multidisciplinary team onsite.
The Successful Candidate:
- A Degree / Postgraduate Diploma (or equivalent) in Occupational Therapy, registration with the HCPC (Health Care Professions Council) and a member of the RCOT (Royal College of Occupational Therapy)
- Experience in the field of adult learning disabilities health and/or mental health is desirable
- Currently operating as a Band 5 or Band 6 Occupational Therapist
- An understanding of Occupational Therapy process/interventions and can take a “hands on” approach
- The ability to work independently and as part of a multidisciplinary team
- Excellent communication and time management skills
In return we will offer you:
- Salary of £36,000- £40,000 (FTE)
- Company pension scheme
- Expert clinical supervision and peer support allowing for clinical case discussion
- Opportunity to attend regular OT meetings focused on CPD, service development, and clinical case discussion
- OT email group for peer support and face-to-face service meetings bi-monthly in your specialist area
- Opportunities for CPD and to undertake further learning and development
- Training days provided by highly experienced and renowned OT specialists – Sue Parkinson and Eadioan Breathnach
- Free meals on duty
With over 150 OTs in the company, we also work together as a large team providing support to each other across the group, with various specialist interest groups to tap into, including Autism, Learning Disabilities and Sensory Integration, to name a few.
The successful candidate will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS and reference check and an offer of employment will be subject to successful clearance.
*Please note - speculative recruitment emails are not to be sent directly to our clinical staff, these need to go via our internal recruitment team. If speculative candidates are sent directly to a member of the clinical team, we will consider these candidates as our own.*