Social Worker Children in Care
|Posting date:||25 March 2020|
|Salary:||£28,785 per year|
|Closing date:||24 April 2020|
|Location:||Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, NG2 3NG|
|Company:||East Midlands Shared Services|
“Children in care have often faced great loss and change. They need committed, caring, creative social workers who will find ways to listen to them carefully, be their champion and stick around. The biggest difference you can make to a child in care is working to find them a secure long term home in their extended family, with their parents, with foster cares who also love them or with an adoptive family. If you have this determination, commitment, excellent listening skills, can demonstrate good social work skills and understand the challenges faced by children separated from their birth families we are looking for you". Helen Blackman Director of Children’s Integrated Services
“We are currently looking for experienced, qualified and HCPC registered Children’s Social Workers to make a difference to the children in care within Nottingham City. You will be motivated and passionate about working with our children in care, able to drive plans forward and ensure that our children are placed with their permanent families as quickly as possible. If you want to make a lifelong difference to children we would love to work with you ” Clive Chambers Head of Children In Care
- To ensure the delivery of appropriate services to children and their families, according to their assessed needs. This will include assessing the needs of children and their families against the Departments agreed threshold criteria and in accordance with National Guidance with set timescales, the creation and implementation of culturally appropriate care plans that demonstrate flexibility and innovative use of resources.
- With minimal supervision to undertake case management responsibilities that include child-focused assessments of need within a person centred approach, monitoring, coordinating and review of care plans.
- To practice in accordance with the Social Work England professional standards for Social Workers.
For more information, please view the Job Description and Person Specification, which are attached further down on this page.
- Professional Social Work Qualification
- HCPC Registered
- Direct experience working with children in a child care setting
- Possession of full driving licence and access to a vehicle
We are currently implementing a new pay and career progression framework for children's social workers, providing better opportunities and reward for our most experienced colleagues. Get in touch for more information. This is an exciting time to be joining a Council that keeps both staff and citizens at the heart of everything that it does