Senior Support Worker
|Posting date:||25 March 2020|
|Salary:||£10.38 per hour|
|Closing date:||24 April 2020|
|Location:||Somerset, ta6 7qu|
Do you have a passion for helping others and want to make a difference?
Have care experience and would like to take the next step in your career?
Location: Trowbridge, Wiltshire, BA14
Hours: 37.5 per week based on a 24/7 shift pattern including opportunities for overtime.
Salary: £10.38 + pension as well as enhanced payments for; sleep-in, on call and bank holidays.
Achieve together are currently looking for a Senior Support Worker to join the care team based in Trowbridge, Wiltshire on a permanent basis.
Please click the link above to find out more about this service or, if you are viewing via a Job Board, click Apply to find out all about us.
- To support the Registered Manager/Home Supervisor (if applicable) as the person in charge for the day to day running of the home and to lead and support a team of staff.
- To promote a caring environment for people we support through high standards of professional practice which are conducive to the physical, emotional, social, intellectual and spiritual needs of these individuals.
- Enhancing and enriching quality of life for the people we support by enabling them to keep moving towards agreed goals and life skills. This will involve supporting those individuals to plan and engage in activities in line with their individualised activity planner, which could include holidays, social events, religious and sporting activities, education and employment.
- To ensure that each person whom we support receives care appropriate to their individual needs.
- To assist the Registered Manager to comply with all mandatory and regulatory requirements, company policies and procedures including Mental Capacity Act (MCA’s) Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards (DoLS), Fundamental Standards, Care Quality Commission (CQC) and Safeguarding.
- Maintain accurate and detailed records in line with legislation and Care Management Group policies and procedures.
Key Skills and Experience Required
- Experience of working in a care environment at a Senior Support Worker level.
- A genuine passion for care and to be motivated by contributing to the progression of others.
- Experience of working as part of a team to achieve a common goal.
- Excellent oral communication skills.
- A Diploma Level 2 and or 3 in Health & Social Care or a willingness to complete this qualification.
What we offer in return
- Competitive salary.
- Double time on public holidays.
- The option to increase your earnings with overtime.
- Fully paid training and DBS check.
- A pension scheme.
- Online discount scheme.
- Excellent opportunities for career progression.
About Achieve together
We are a leading provider of care and support for people with learning disabilities and associated complex needs, including autistic spectrum conditions, dementia, hearing impairment, mental health needs, challenging behaviour, profound and multiple learning disabilities and epilepsy.
The people we support live in homely, family-like residences, and are encouraged to participate fully in the local community.
Achieve together is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all the people we support and expect all staff to share this commitment. All successful candidates will be subject to an Enhanced DBS check.
Does this sound like something you could do? Apply now!