Senior Support Worker
|Posting date:||25 March 2020|
|Salary:||£9.42 per hour|
|Additional salary information:||DBS, Pension, Training|
|Closing date:||01 April 2020|
|Location:||Langport, Somerset, TA10 9QP|
As a Senior Support Worker at Huish House you will work with people who have varying degrees of physical and learning disabilities as well as mental health issues to promote independence and support them to lead as fulfilling life as possible, incorporating both therapy based activities and social based activities.
Throughout a typical day, you'll help our residents with the everyday challenges of washing, dressing and eating. Crucially, enabling them to carry out tasks, chores and hobbies that most people take for granted but are really meaningful for your client. You'll be out and about, enjoying life together and no single day will be the same.
Our Senior Support Workers will ideally have a Level 2 in Health & Social Care, sound experience of supporting people with varying care needs and are familiar with leading a team and managing responsibilities of the teams record keeping along with supervising the team on a daily basis and bi-monthly supervision. With a commitment to care and a passion for making a difference. In return, we offer all the training, benefits and options for career development you would expect from a leader in our field
- Paid DBS & Holidays
- Salary scale /progression if you want it
- Life insurance & Pension Scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Retail rewards & savings
- Long service Award
- Refer a friend from now £250 - £750
If you are interested in this role, please click to Apply.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the people we support. All successful candidates will be subject to an Enhanced DBS/PVG check for Regulated Activity which will include a check against the Barred adult list.
*Some of our roles require male or female employees only, where this is indicated it is a genuine occupational requirement in accordance with the Equality Act 2010
Proud member of the Disability Confident employer scheme
- About Disability Confident
- A Disability Confident employer will generally offer an interview to any applicant that declares they have a disability and meets the minimum criteria for the job as defined by the employer. It is important to note that in certain recruitment situations such as high-volume, seasonal and high-peak times, the employer may wish to limit the overall numbers of interviews offered to both disabled people and non-disabled people. For more details please go to Disability Confident.