SAP Procurement Manager, Systems Engineering
|Posting date:||30 May 2020|
|Additional salary information:||Competitive|
|Closing date:||19 June 2020|
|Location:||London, W12 7TP|
The Business Systems team in D+E Corporate & Commercial Systems is responsible for the design, development and support of the BBC’s enterprise wide/corporate systems including Finance, Procurement, Treasury, HR and Resource Scheduling. We work closely with our key stakeholders to understand their needs and then manage a range of projects to meet those needs.
The Systems Engineering Manager is responsible for recruiting and leading a small number of skilled multi-disciplined engineering project and / or product teams. Also for the planning, design, implementation, integration, commissioning, test and in some cases operation of systems.
Systems Management - Be the Lead systems specialist for Procurement modules of SAP ECC, SRM, Ariba and other Procurement related Systems.
Lead on requirements gathering with the business process owners and stakeholders, analyse and present solution options that align with BBC Engineering strategies.
Work with the Systems Owner to ensure system performance (KPI’s) are continuously improved, inputting into the systems roadmap, identifying risks and providing risk mitigations.
System Architecture: Responsible for ensuring systems design and architecture is fit for purpose, including disaster recovery architecture.
Project Engagement - Responsible for providing technical consultancy to project delivery and development teams, procurement, service design and change management teams
Responsible for providing technical expertise to project teams throughout the lifecycle of a project
Working with project & service delivery teams responsible for the commissioning and acceptance ensuring new installations/services are fit for purpose, supportable, and are built against agreed specification and installation standards
Change, Configuration and release management - Responsible for minor/major software and hardware upgrades, ensuring that change management procedures are followed working alongside the teams responsible for UAT, testing and deployment of upgrades into the production environment.
Incident Management - Responsible for the resolution of escalated incidents from frontline support teams and assisting with the command & control for major incident and service outages.
Problem Management - Responsible for Problem Management for systems assigned, ensuring that known issues and workarounds are documented and input into a Known Error Database.
Non Functional Requirements - Responsible for ensuring systems align with BBC’s non-functional
requirements including accessibility, performance, disaster recovery and security.
Ensure all work is conducted in accordance with current safety legislation and BBC safety policies, security policies and statutory requirements relevant to the task.
Knowledge Management - Responsible for the production of technical documentation, ensuring quality and accuracy
Responsible for assessing and inputting into the design and delivery of training for systems under ownership ensuring support teams can be appropriately trained
3rd Party Suppliers - Responsible for building effective relationships with system vendors to ensure that reported incidents and problems are resolved within agreed resolution times set in service contracts
Knowledge, Skills & Competencies:
- Detailed Knowledge of SAP Procurement including:
- MM – Material Management
- SRM – Supplier Relationship Management including add-on UI5
- Ariba including Product Categories, Shopping Carts, MDG
- Opentext – VIM
- Finance Modules
- Detailed Integration Knowledge with SAP SD/BW/HR/Finance
- Procurement background
- Experience in managing a complex technical systems/environment
- Experienced in managing conflicting demands in situations of pressure where priorities are rapidly changing
- Experience of having to communicate clearly with a range of people at different levels of the organisation and explain and discuss technical issues using a range of styles, tools and techniques
- Authoritative knowledge of security policies and statutory requirements relevant to the role
- Experience in working with 3rd party suppliers
- Experience of providing a high quality service in a demanding customer service environment
- Significant experience within the SAP Procurement environment covering multiple implementations, projects or support instances in a Lead role
- Ability to mentor more junior system specialists
- Experience of relationship management
- Experience of technology projects including business change deliverables
- Substantial experience gained in a technology environment
- Worked on the full project lifecycle
Proud member of the Disability Confident employer scheme
- About Disability Confident
- A Disability Confident employer will generally offer an interview to any applicant that declares they have a disability and meets the minimum criteria for the job as defined by the employer. It is important to note that in certain recruitment situations such as high-volume, seasonal and high-peak times, the employer may wish to limit the overall numbers of interviews offered to both disabled people and non-disabled people. For more details please go to Disability Confident.