Senior Engineer - Highways
|Posting date:||23 March 2020|
|Salary:||£300 to £340 per day|
|Closing date:||06 April 2020|
|Location:||Rugby, Warwickshire, CV21 1RW|
|Job reference:||CT Senior Engineer_1584956719|
Are you a Freelance Senior Engineer looking to join a new highways scheme within the West Midlands?
You must have a minimum of HNC in Civil Engineering or other relevant studies in addition to working towards IENG or CEng status (this will be supported fully by the business).
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
* Technical responsibility for ensuring designs are delivered in accordance with current standards & best practices.
* Produce designs for highway infrastructure and associated planning schemes to appropriate standards from initial concepts to detailed design.
* You should also have knowledge and experience of using 3D highway modelling software such as 3D Civils.
* Produce highway sketch concepts drawings and general arrangements to relevant standards.
* Assist in the preparation of contract documents and specifications.
* Undertake inspections and surveys, prepare reports and provide site supervision on projects.
* Acting a lead designer on elements of highways projects from concept through to detailed design.
* Liaison with other disciplines and teams as required on the projects.
* Liaising with other 3rd parties as required on projects.
* Coach and guide more junior staff.
* Maintain awareness of commercial and technical management of projects to assist in ensuring that they are managed effectively within budgetary constraints.
* Develop innovative design solutions to serve and benefit clients.
* Contribute to the technical development of the design function in the UK.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
* Demonstrate knowledge in the area of Highways design with strong proficiency in Civil 3D.
* Experience in preparing detailed designs for S278 / RCC, S38, S104 or equivalent detailed design drawings and have experience of negotiating these agreements.
* The ability to act as lead designer on a range of projects and assist with the delivery of other projects as required.
* Working knowledge the DMRB, Manual for Streets, TSRGD and MCHW.
* Demonstrable experience of pavement design, sign design.
* Demonstrable experience of producing TRO's, TTRO's and Departures from Standard.
* Demonstrable experience of producing Specifications and Bills of Quantities.
* HNC or equivalent qualification
* Good team working and communication skills
* Commercial awareness
* BSc /BEng/CEng in Civil Engineering or equivalent qualifications
* Ability in micro-drainage software
* Member of Chartered Institution of Highways & Transportation
Apply online or call connor on 0770 304 9736 for more information!
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.