Senior MSAT Scientist/Process Engineer. MSAT
|Posting date:||28 May 2020|
|Salary:||£45,000 to £50,000 per year|
|Closing date:||25 June 2020|
|Location:||Oxford, OXF, OX4 6LT|
Oxford Biomedica is a pioneer of gene and cell therapy and our work is helping to deliver life changing treatments.
Our facilities contain state-of-the-art bioprocessing technologies such as bioreactors, chromatography systems and purification/filtration systems. Similarly, our new fill/finish suites will contain bespoke-designed isolation technologies, automated filling systems, and sanitisation technologies to meet the demanding process requirements of our viral vector products
We are therefore seeking qualified Scientists/Engineers to provide the technical expertise to Oxford Biomedica including technology transfer, new product introduction, manufacturing support, process troubleshooting, deviation investigations, change control, and continuous improvement.
**Key Duties & Responsibilities** :
* Actively participate in defining technical strategy for MSAT projects
* Generate and review documentation supporting technology transfer and New Product Introduction (NPI). Define success criteria for technical transfer and provide expert evaluation of the technical outcomes.
* Identify and lead continuous improvement opportunities relating to the manufacturing process.
* Lead root cause investigations using a systematic approach to resolve complex problems and implementing solutions.
* Writing of complex technical reports to a high standard
* Gather, evaluate and analyse process data for manufacturing process robustness.
* Develop relationships with new suppliers and service providers
* May Suggest changes to MSAT in lines with Regulations and guidance documents and execute the updates linked to this change
* Post-graduate degree in Biology/Biochemistry, Chemical/Biochemical Engineering or a related field.
* Process development or GMP production experience required.
* Specialist experience in technology transfer and/or new product introduction within sterile environment essential.
* Expertise in the use / application of variety of problem solving tools and quality risk assessment methodologies would be ideal.
* Understanding of theoretical and practical challenges of scale-up would be beneficial.
**We look forward to receiving your application**
**No agencies please**