Mechanical Design Engineer
|Posting date:||13 March 2020|
|Salary:||£34 to £35 per hour|
|Closing date:||12 April 2020|
|Location:||Leeds, West Yorkshire, LS118DT|
Looking for a new contract? Are you an experienced Medical Engineer? Have you worked within R&D? If that's the case, this role is just for you!
As a Mechanical Design Engineer you're responsible to support improvements to the performance and efficiency of existing products. Also, support the development of a limited number of new products and will also support improvements to relevant manufacturing processes.
The role is for immediate recruitment and planned to be a contract role for 12 months working for a global Medical device business.
This roe is falling out of scope of IR35 and comes with a flexible working shift pattern (you can work from home).
Roles and Responsibilities
Apply design engineering principles to the design of existing products through an injection moulding process while resolving quality and/or cost issues.
* Perform R&D design activities for new product development of moulded designs.
* Perform and interrogate mouldflow analysis on designs to verify prior to moulding.
* Prepare design drawings of the newly developed products in accordance with ASME Y14.5 as required.
* Prepare supporting documentation for the design history file and any other R&D documentation including tolerance stack-ups.
* Planning of required laboratory studies as defined by the risk management process.
Provide design support to other function on site as required.
* Support in laboratory testing, design risk management, FMEA and DHF updates
* Support in equipment validations
Background and Experience
* Degree in Design Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or Medical Engineering
* Experience in the resolution of product design and manufacturing issues, particularly working under strict time constraints.
- Need to be expereinced in part injection moudling abd needs to have expereince and a background in mould flow.
* Experience designing engineered products from concept for plastic injection moulding processes.
* Experience creating detailed design and manufacturing models & drawings, using 3D CAD software,
preferably UG (UniGraphics).
* Experience using Autodesk mouldflow software to evaluate and interpret design/moulding integrity.
The following would also be highly advantageous:
* Experience using of Teamcenter Engineering
* Experience with quality systems around design control in medical device product development
* Experience in risk management
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.