Traffic & Development Manager
|Dyddiad hysbysebu:||12 March 2020|
|Cyflog:||£60,000 to £65,000 per year|
|Dyddiad cau:||11 April 2020|
|Lleoliad:||Edgware, London, NW9 4BR|
|Math o swydd:||Permanent|
- To be pro-active in seeking out and promoting new initiatives / policies/ work programmes and systems which raise the quality and performance and value for money of the service and customer satisfaction.
- Manage the activities of the Traffic and Development Team to ensure optimum levels of effective and efficient work output in line with agreed targets, priorities and the Corporate Plan.
- To act as lead officer in providing technical & highway planning advice to Members and Senior Officers in all highways related development control activities including planning and regeneration of the Council.
- Provide expert advise on all aspects of design, supervision and project management as it applies to highway and parking improvements projects and to have the ability to represent the Service both within and outside the Authority.
- To manage the delivery of comprehensive works programmes including planned maintenance and works on the Highway infrastructure.
- To manage developer negotiations through the development control process to secure outcome based travel plans which reduce the need for additional car borne trips and establish more sustainable travel patterns.
- To manage the delivery of Road Safety Education and School Travel Planning.
- Lead in establishing standards that ensure that the Traffic and Development Team is organised to deliver Council Policy in the most effective and efficient way possible.
- To manage staff and work load effectively to ensure that projects undertaken within the Traffic and Development Team meet client/customer expectations. This will involve human resource planning, programming, monitoring of progress and financial monitoring from project inception to completion.
- To have supervisory responsibility for up to 20 staff of various professional and technical disciplines.
- To assist the Council's Traffic Manager as defined in the Traffic Management Act 2004 to diligently execute the related duties to ensure that the highway network operates at maximum capacity.
- To assist the Highway Manager, Traffic and Development in reporting to management and relevant committee's on all policies and practices relating to works on the highway network.
- To lead in the effective and efficient execution of projects, schemes, investigations and analysis as required within budgets and programmes by leading and managing the section allocated and to deputise for the Highway Manager, Traffic and Development in these specific work areas in his / her absence.
- To assist the Highway Manager, Traffic and Development in ensuring that the needs of customers and users of the public highway network in Barnet are met where the Council is responsible, justified and appropriate action is taken to establish and understand these needs and feedback is given.
To recruit, manage, motivate and develop employees in the service area, ensuring their health, safety and well-being at work, in order to ensure all aspects of service delivery are provided to the highest possible standard.