|Posting date:||11 March 2020|
|Salary:||£20,000 to £25,500 per year|
|Additional salary information:||Competitive salary and benefits package|
|Closing date:||10 April 2020|
|Location:||Wakefield, West Yorkshire, WF2 0XG|
Do you lead the way?
Are you a grafter?
Are you loyal?
Are you a little bit mad?
If yes, read below to see how you could be a part of our story!
Right now Card Factory has over 1000 stores… that’s why we can offer job security and great career progression. As well as being a progressive, exciting and friendly company, we reward our people’s commitment and determination. What’s more, Card Factory is ambitious, passionate and forward thinking with a management style that is open and honest, encouraging people to contribute to the business at every level.
We are now looking to strengthen our existing Studio team and are recruiting for a Designer to join our in-house studio – a fast-paced and creative environment where ideas come to life!
The studio is friendly, fun and full of exciting challenges that will help you develop your skills. Our managers encourage teams to get out and see what’s happening in the wide world of retail, where they can find new ideas and inspiration. Development days/sessions are encouraged, so the team can learn from each other as well as new trends in the market!Main Responsibilities
- Using our extensive bank of existing artworks, as well as your own illustration skills and style, you will work with supplied editorial to produce attractive, commercial designs for our greeting cards/products;
- Support the Design and Editorial managers in the development of new product ranges for in-store and online;
- Understand our customer and develop your designs to suit;
- Keep up to date with current and emerging trends and share with the team;
- Offer creative support to junior members, as and when required.
- Will ideally have a minimum of 2-3 years in the greeting cards industry or similar;
- Excellent understanding of Adobe software;
- Enthusiasm for creativity and design;
- Excellent typesetting and compositional skills;
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy;
- Ability to work to tight deadlines;
- Good communication skills;
- Works well on own as well as part of a team.
In return we offer a wide range of benefits to support your physical, mental and financial wellbeing.
- 25 holidays + 8 bank holidays
- Save as you Earn scheme
- 15% Staff Discount
- Discounted Gym Memberships
- O2 open mobile contracts
- Salary Finance
- Discounted Car Leasing
- Employee Care
- Flex My Day
- Card Factory Foundation
- MyCardFactory App: discounts at leading retailers
This role may involve out of hours and weekend working to support the business needs.
This is an exciting role with genuine prospects for the right candidate. If this role describes you and your career aspirations, click apply now.
Please upload a PDF Portfolio to your profile and/or include links to your portfolio or examples of your work
For any questions email: email@example.com (we do not accept CVs/Applications via email)
We reserve the right to close this vacancy once sufficient suitable applications have been received. We advise applying early to avoid disappointment as applications will be reviewed regularly.
No agencies please.