Project Engineer - Mechanical
|Dyddiad hysbysebu:||27 May 2020|
|Cyflog:||£45,000.00 to £50,000.00 per year|
|Dyddiad cau:||26 June 2020|
|Lleoliad:||Chippenham, SN15 1JW|
|Cwmni:||Anglo Technical Recruitment|
|Math o swydd:||Permanent|
• Interpret drawings, specifications and resolve field issues.
• Produce specifications to enable procurement of mechanical and instrumentation equipment.
• Create and approve project-specific documentation.
• Use project management software for automatic project reporting using various packages such as MS Office, MS Project and MS Visual Basic.
• Support the Project Manager in the delivery of one or more projects.
• Perform process sizing calculations and the preparation of PFDs, P&IDs and tie-in Control Philosophies consistent with the design.
• Prepare and submit design documentation in consultation with Project Manager and designers.
• Provide design input to the CAD drafting team and reviewing technical drawings.
• Identify and document scope changes as well as variation order claims
• Engage with supplier and sub-contract chain to select vendors for project delivery.
• Provide recommendations on equipment selection as part of the design and procurement process.
• Manage delivery of materials in-line with works programme and progress on-site.
• Co-ordinate with sub-contractors and direct staff as required to ensure project delivery in-line with works programme.
• Provide Client liaison and technical support throughout the duration of the project including the attendance of kick-off meetings, HAZOP studies, design review meetings etc. as required.
• Review prepare and submit detailed Method Statements and Risk Assessments prior to work activities commencing.
• Conduct inspections on procured equipment and prepare quality reports & final documents.
• Supervise assembly works to ensure conformance with design and the Client’s requirements.
• Monitor progress to ensure delivery in line with works programme, adjusting workflows and rate as necessary to achieve or better completion date.
• Ensure that projects are delivered in-line with quality procedures and that all Factory Acceptance testing (FAT), site acceptance testing (SAT), inspection and test plans (ITPs)
IDEAL KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
• Minimum of 3 years’ experience working in a similar role, preferably in the Oil & Gas, Power or Water Treatment industry.
• Experienced in the design, construction, commissioning and process proving of mechanical, electrical, instrumentation, control and automation (MEICA) systems.
• Preferably a bachelor’s degree in a relevant engineering qualification.
• Preferably an active member of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers (IMeche) preferable.
• Good working knowledge of MS packages such as Word, Excel and Powerpoint.
• Strong communications skills, good spoken and written English and a high level of self motivation.
• Ability to co-ordinate a multi-disciplinary project or assembly teams working to tight deadlines during project delivery.