Ramp Services Agent
|Posting date:||04 March 2020|
|Salary:||£9.14 per hour|
|Closing date:||02 April 2020|
|Location:||London, RH6 0DP|
This role is based at London Gatwick Airport.
Fixed Term until 31st October 2020
Part Time 30 hours per week, £10.67 per hour
To provide all necessary and required under-wing ground support services as contracted by the customer to include but not be limited to loading and unloading baggage and cargo, marshaling.
- Marshall aircraft during arrival and departure
- Unload passenger luggage and air cargo, bulk and/or containers/pallets, onto carts and/or dollies
- Unload wheelchairs and child strollers and deliver to designated location
- Provide special handling of luggage/cargo as required/directed
- Deliver passenger luggage to claim area and unload onto conveyor system
- Deliver air cargo to appropriate recipient
- Drive and/or operate ground support equipment to include tow tractors, tow bars, belt loaders, container loaders, baggage tugs, aircraft ground power units, aircraft air start units, air stairs, baggage carts, cargo dollies and passenger vans.
- Collect and load mail, live animals, wheelchairs and child strollers onto aircraft.
- Inspect ramp areas adjacent to gate and aircraft for debris and remove/dispose of when found.
- Report all equipment malfunctions to the appropriate supervisor/manager
- Comply with all federal, state, municipal, airport authority and carrier security requirements
- Other duties as assigned
- Previous ramp experience a plus
- Valid driver's license
- Good communication skills
- Language skills
- Must be able to work in inclement weather
- Flexible to work on various shifts (days, evening, nights, weekends, and holidays)
- Excellent Health & Safety awareness
- Lift heavy objects that could reach 70 pounds (32 kilograms)
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Swissport as an equal opportunity employer bases its hiring decisions on the business need and the best qualified candidates available, and does not discriminate in its employment decisions on the basis of any protected category. Candidates who are offered employment may be subject to a criminal record and other background checks as permitted or required by company policy or applicable law.
Swissport International AG, on behalf of more than 850 client-companies, provides best-in-class airport ground services for some 282 million passengers annually and handles approximately 4.8 million tons of air cargo at 115 warehouses world-wide. With a workforce of some 66,000 the world’s leading provider of airport ground services and air cargo handling is active at more than 310 airports in 49 countries on six continents. Swissport delivers unparalleled value in the areas of Ground Handling, Cargo Services, Executive Aviation, Travel Services, Fueling and Aircraft Maintenance. We strive to operate with the core values of People, Professionalism, and Partnership in all that we undertake. Our mission is simple – “To provide the aviation industry with consistent and tailor-made solutions around the globe, for a better customer experience.”