Senior Electronic Trading Java Developer
|Posting date:||13 March 2020|
|Closing date:||11 April 2020|
|Location:||London, EC2M 4AA|
|Company:||Royal Bank of Scotland Group|
Join us as a Senior Electronic Trading Java Developer
- This is a fantastic opportunity for a driven Java Developer to take on a new challenge
- You’ll apply widely agreed software engineering principles and methodologies to design, develop, test and maintain applications and services
- Hone your existing technical skills and advance your career in this critical, fast paced role
- We believe in flexible working, and you could have the opportunity to work a four day week
What you'll do
You’ll align to the bank’s architectural direction and principles, and make sure that the applications and services being built adhere to them. You’ll liaise with lead engineers, architects, business analysts and other key stakeholders to understand the objectives and requirements.
You’ll also drive and deliver well thought out estimates after a thorough consideration of design, build and testing of complexity and maintainability and serviceability.
It’ll also be your responsibility to:
- Drive the design and development of reusable libraries and APIs for use across the organisation
- Design and develop software that is amenable for a greater automation of build, release testing and deployment process on all environments
- Drive the reuse and sharing of platform components and technologies within the software engineering teams
- Deliver software components to enable the delivery of platforms, applications and services
- Write unit and integration tests, in automated test environments to ensure code quality
The skills you'll need
You’ll need a background in software engineering, software design or database design and architecture, as well as experience of developing software in a SOA or micro-services paradigm. You should also have development experience in a programming language, experience of using industry recognised frameworks and development tooling, and a background of implementing programming best practice, especially around scalability, availability and performance.
Along with this, it's essential that you have significant server-side core Java expertise and electronic or algorithmic trading development or support experience.
You’ll also need:
- Familiarity with the FIX protocol
- FX or listed instrument domain knowledge
- Experience of test-driven development alongside the use of automated test frameworks, mocking and stubbing and unit testing tools
- Knowledge of the key phases of software delivery lifecycle and established software development methodologies
- Experience of working in an environment where products are delivered to specific timescales
- An understanding of how to translate product and business requirements into technical solutions
- The ability to understand and support, modify and maintain systems and code developed by other engineering teams