Software Engineer -.Net & C#
|Posting date:||27 January 2020|
|Salary:||£40,000 to £45,000 per year|
|Closing date:||26 February 2020|
|Location:||Runcorn, Cheshire, WA4 6XA|
|Company:||British Gas (Centrica)|
Software Engineer -.Net & C#
Location: Runcorn - WA7
Permanent - Full time
Salary £40-£45K depending on experience - Plus benefits including share save scheme, company pension, healthcare benefits and employee discounts
Are you an experienced Software Developer looking for your next role?
PH Jones, part of Centrica - British Gas, a provider of Gas Central Heating Service, Repair and Installations to the social housing market. The market place consists of approximately 5 million homes, managed by 3,500 Housing Associations and Councils across the UK.
An exciting opportunity is now available for a Software Engineer to join our thriving, dynamic team at our PH Jones head office in the North West. Join our innovative Development team and help drive and improve our existing systems to be in line with our Global Centrica Business. If you are looking for a role which will allow you to both improve and challenge your technical ability, then this is the position for you.
As a Software Engineer, you will be evolving our platforms and interacting with our Clients and IS departments as you develop new and improved ways of interfacing between Clients and PH Jones, using ETL processes.
You will spend time with the PH Jones teams to understand the usage and impacts of the system to the field teams and develop and test enhancements that will improve the system and keep it current.
Managing day to day tasks and issues via the incident management process and supporting the roll out and deployment of new technologies as well as working on company projects and publishing supporting documentation to assist staff with requests for information.
You will be working as part of the core IS team managing the internal bespoke systems and maintaining a high degree of customer service for all support queries.
Naturally, you have a true passion for coding and an eagerness to learn and further develop your skills.
You'll need to be able to work across a highly matrixed global organisation and show the right behaviours to present to senior leadership when required. You'll have the ability to work as part of team or alone, strong communication skills will be key.
In terms of experience required for the role, we are looking for you to have:
- Experience in .Net (.net 3.5 and above)
- Experience in C#
- Eye for detail and identifying problems
- Passion for programming
Nice to have:
- Experience in MVC
- Experience in T-SQL
- Experience of ETL solutions
- Knowledge of developing applications for mobile use
- Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
At PH Jones we are committed to ensuring our employees can flourish, make a difference and realise their full potential.
You will have the opportunity to develop your skills in areas such as:
Entity Framework, LINQ to SQL, HTML CSS, Mobile/App development, UI and MVC Frameworks (Bootstrap).
Centrica employees will benefit from:
- A competitive share save scheme,
- Company pension,
- Healthcare benefits,
- Free parking,
- Access to the Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- Cycle to work scheme
- Relaxed dress code
- 20 Days Holiday + Bank Holidays
Proud member of the Disability Confident employer scheme
- About Disability Confident
- A Disability Confident employer will generally offer an interview to any applicant that declares they have a disability and meets the minimum criteria for the job as defined by the employer. It is important to note that in certain recruitment situations such as high-volume, seasonal and high-peak times, the employer may wish to limit the overall numbers of interviews offered to both disabled people and non-disabled people. For more details please go to Disability Confident.