Derby City South PCN Clinical Pharmacist
|Posting date:||25 January 2020|
|Additional salary information:||£34 - £37k WTE dependent on experience|
|Closing date:||21 February 2020|
|Location:||Derby, DE3 0DU|
PCNs were formed as part of the NHS long-term plan. PCNs are developing to bring together general practice in geographical networks covering populations of approximately 30-50,000 patients. Our PCN cover 92,000 patients.
Core objectives of each PCN are:
- To help recruit and retain staff, to remove pressure from existing and individual general practice units and to help with practice finances
- To move towards integrating the wider health and social care system
- To secure new ‘additionality roles’ funding from NHSE to recruit clinical pharmacists, social prescribers, physiotherapists and other allied health care professionals
- To focus on service delivery. This to include improving patient access, extending the scope of services available to patients and working with other health and social care providers to ensure best use of available resources
- To deliver a national service specification
PCNs are established by the geographical group of GP Practices signing up to the NHSE Network Contract Direct Enhanced Service. PCNs are however not required to be a formal body/legal entity. The Derby City South PCN have decided at this juncture employ all PCN staff through Alexin Healthcare CIC Limited.
Alexin Healthcare CIC Limited is a large and successful GP Federation covering Southern Derbyshire, East & South East Staffordshire who are dedicated to delivering high quality health services to the community, improved patient experience and keeping Primary Care at the forefront of the NHS reforms.
The main purpose of the role being to deliver clinical pharmacy support to the Derby City South PCN as required by the Derby City South PCN Board.
The Clinical Pharmacist will be responsible for leading on and supporting implementation of an effective medicine management system within the PCN, including cost-effective prescribing, working as an independent prescriber, providing advice and support to multi-disciplinary colleagues.
In additional the post-holder will also work with the strategic objectives of the PCN.