|Posting date:||24 January 2020|
|Salary:||£220 per day|
|Closing date:||23 February 2020|
|Location:||Brighton, East Sussex, bn2 6nt|
|Job reference:||00FM Brighton_1579868430|
Are you looking for an opportunity to take a role as a Finishing Manager? Do you have vast experience of working for a PLC housebuilder? Live in Sussex? Then we may have the role for you…
Role: Finishing Manager
Contract type: Freelance
Start date: March 2020
Rate: Up to £220
Randstad Contact: Kieran Logan
A national developer specialising within the residential new build sector. Current contracts have a mix of housing association and private residential.
We are recruiting for a Finishing Manager to work on a 14 homes new build development. This is made up of 2 and 3 bedroom homes which a high specification of finish.
Reporting to a Site Manager you will be responsible for managing the final quality of the units prior to final inspection by the Construction Director. Your role will include but is not limited to:
- Manage subcontractors quality and ensure units are defect free prior to final inspection
- Coordinate directly employed trades to complete snags and keep a detailed report of work carried out and completed
- Order any required materials and plant via the office to ensure works can be completed in a timely fashion
- Promote health & safety and safe methods of working
- Provide regular progress updates to the Senior Site Manager
- Carry out customer aftercare completing all snags in accordance with customer aftercare procedure
- Liaise with customers on a regular basis in a timely and professional manner
- Candidates will need to have experience working for a volume residential house builder.
- Ideally candidates will have had some experience of working with regional developers/contractors.
- Good eye for detail.
- Be able to interpret construction drawings and designs.
- Strong man-management skills.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Good level of IT literacy.
- SSSTS or SMSTS.
- CSCS Card.
- First Aid.
What you will get in return:
- A very competitive day rate/salary + package.
- Opportunity for further contracts.
- Access to a host of training courses through Randstad CPE.
- The chance to work on a well resourced project.
What to do next:
If you feel this role meets your expectations please click apply and upload your latest cv. If you are seeking a new role in the future please feel free to contact Randstad CPE's Brighton branch for a confidential discussion where we can provide advice, assistance with training and update you on our latest vacancies.
Randstad Construction Property Engineering is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.