|Posting date:||24 January 2020|
|Closing date:||23 February 2020|
|Location:||Plymouth, Devon, PL1 1RR|
Visual Planner's required for a large retailer on a temporary to permanent basis. We are have one full-time and one part-time position.
Full time hours will be 38.75hours per week and part-time hours will be 23.25 hours a week, working hours will be between 08:45-17:30 .
We are looking for a creative, passionate and talented individual to join the visual planning team,you will take on all aspects of retail design, focusing mainly on the merchandising of the Home Décor department.
Main responsibilities will include;
- Assisting the visual planners to produce imaginative visual merchandising guidelines which are clear and coherent for teams in store to follow.
- Merchandising displays and stock to show case stock at its best.
- Working alongside buyers and logistic teams to make decisions regarding the display of key product ranges.
- Designing merchandising solutions that run in the line with the companies aspirations and will help drive sales.
- Conceptualise and detail new display methods.
- Occasional store visits will be an essential part of the remit, enabling you to establish and review new displays in store, whilst supporting the implementation and development of guidelines.
The ideal candidate will possess;
- Merchandising and retail experience.
- Excellent organisational and communication skills, with a good eye for detail.
- A good understanding of design, colour theory and seasonal trends.
- A confident manner, the job will entail a lot of communication both internally and with stores.
- The ability to self-manage and work as an individual, taking ownership of a project.
- Computer literacy with knowledge of Microsoft office, Adobe Photoshop & Adobe InDesign is preferred.
If you are the right candidate for this role please click apply now or call the Acorn Plymouth Office to discuss further.
Proud member of the Disability Confident employer scheme
- About Disability Confident
- A Disability Confident employer will generally offer an interview to any applicant that declares they have a disability and meets the minimum criteria for the job as defined by the employer. It is important to note that in certain recruitment situations such as high-volume, seasonal and high-peak times, the employer may wish to limit the overall numbers of interviews offered to both disabled people and non-disabled people. For more details please go to Disability Confident.