Business Systems Analyst
|Posting date:||24 January 2020|
|Additional salary information:||Competitive|
|Closing date:||23 February 2020|
|Location:||Liverpool, Merseyside, L3 4AE|
Business Systems Analyst Permanent
Albert Dock, Liverpool
Excellent Salary + Benefits
Here at Yodel we deliver more than just parcels we deliver a great experience when it comes to your career too. We have an exciting opportunity for a Business Systems Analyst to join our Software Solution Design team in Liverpool. You will be working closely with, product owners, business stakeholders, users and solution designers to support the transformation of how Yodel operates in the digital world. Working closely with our development and UX teams in an agile environment you will ensure business requirements are translated into cutting edge software solution designs.
What you'll be doing
As a Business Systems Analyst you will be working in a dynamic and collaborative environment to deliver the key business objectives in playing a key role in the analysis, design and building of key business applications that are built using a wide range of the latest technologies. You will be facilitating and leading user journey mapping workshops with business SMEs to generate ideas and capture requirements. You will work on various project areas from back end API integration to website and front end design, therefore you will be the main point of contact within the IT department with the Product Owner, Business sponsors, Subject matter experts, user experience designers, testers, and development teams. In addition, you will be responsible for the following duties:
* Carving out user stories and prioritise these depending on a number of various factors ensuring that development teams are always delivering value to the business.
* Cascading the understanding of user stories and the solutions to deliver these within the delivery team and IT department.
* Working on deriving a solution roadmap for delivering an identified problem.
* Showcasing team deliverables to product owner and IT stakeholders.
* Playing an integral part in all Agile ceremonies.
* Supporting projects throughout commercial roll out.
What you need to show us
The successful Business Systems Analyst will have a working knowledge of a systems development life cycle within an agile environment working on complex software focused change projects. You will ideally come from a software delivery, or have technical understanding of software build/development. You need to be extremely organised and be able to prioritise features and manage conflicting demands. You will also need to possess the following skills:
* Demonstrated ability to understand and explain issues from both a technical and a business functional point of view.
* Experience working in a continuous delivery environment.
* Be passionate about delivering quality software.
* Great understanding on how to go from a design and break this into user stories to support delivery.
Why work for us
If you want to work for a company which is fast paced, dynamic and pushing the limits of technology look no further than Yodel. We're a big believer in rewarding our employees for all the amazing work they do. The successful Business Systems Analyst will receive the following great benefits:
- Competitive remuneration package
- Private Medical Insurance
- Business casual dress code
- Free personal & professional development courses
- Generous pension scheme - minimum 8% contributed
- 3x Life Assurance with pension
- Discounted city centre parking
- Up to 25% discount on Very.co.uk
- 33 days holiday including bank holidays
- Discounted hotel stays, gym memberships and Virgin Media discounts
- Up to 25% off the various food & drink outlets in the Albert Dock.