|Posting date:||23 January 2020|
|Salary:||£34,000 to £38,000 per year|
|Closing date:||22 February 2020|
My client design, install and maintain high-efficient air conditioning, water chillers, heating systems, pumps and data centre solutions to a number of large blue chip clients around the UK. They are after an experienced Supervisor or Mechanical Engineer who is looking to progress into a Supervisory role with a Mechanical / Electrical background.
Salary is £34k - £38k, overtime available, 20 days holiday plus bank holidays, company car, phone.
Minimum 4 years at previous role to be considered.
• A large amount of our work is on railway contracts. Training and competencies will be given for the railway working as this is essential.
• The works include air conditioning, ventilation and mechanical. Splits, VRVs, chillers, AHU's LTHW and chilled water.
• You will be assisting the Service Manager in overseeing service operations, small installations up to larger project works, ensuring staff are set up and working safely.
• Overtime is paid at time and a half, or double time for nights/bank holidays.
• On call rota is 1 week every 11 weeks.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Have a mechanical / electrical background. The candidate will be confident in supporting varied equipment.
• Assist management in direct oversight of service department's daily operation.
• Participate in assigned long-term contracts, programs and projects.
• Directly involved in the work delivery department's routine operations by handling repairs/installs and assisting management with administrative duties.
• Perform on site duties where required.
• Prepare quotations for a variety of work.
• Prepare relevant safety documentation for engineers as required.
• Develop and maintain effective working relations with Service manager and work closely with the service manager toward common goals.
• Work to the company's management and quality systems.
• Advise on equipment, materials and subcontract resources.
• Advise on procedures and identify where change could enhance operational efficiency and productivity.
• Assist in assigning, training & developing the engineering delivery teams.
• Work closely with the administration team to ensure quotations are prepared and submitted to the clients promptly.
• Assigned chosen contracts to manage and will be required to develop customer relations with client contact.
The ideal candidate
• Minimum City and Guilds Commercial Air Conditioning Level 2
• Category 1 F-Gas 2079
• Equivalent experience in mechanical or electrical qualifications will also be considered
• Have exceptional organisational skills, be highly motivated and be a self-starter.
• Successful candidate will be expected to drive innovation and efficiency whilst ensuring compliance with all company, legal, regulatory and project requirements.
• Drugs and alcohol testing plus railway medical would be required before any official job offer given.
• Vehicle with fuel card is supplied.
• References will be asked for
By applying for this role you accept the Recruiterlink terms and conditions that can be found on our website and agree to receive email notification of other suitable jobs