Qualified Social Worker - Children's Services
|Posting date:||23 January 2020|
|Salary:||£33,799.00 to £37,849.00 per year|
|Closing date:||22 February 2020|
|Location:||Hampshire, Hampshire, SO152JU|
|Company:||Hays Specialist Recruitment|
Qualified Social Worker Jobs in Children's Services, multiple teams available
We have exciting opportunities for experienced Social Worker's with existing statutory Children's Social Care Safeguarding, Assessment, Protection and Court experience to join the Assessment & Protection & Court (PACT) teams.
- You will be an experienced qualified social worker (registered with the HCPC). Depending on the team, you will be expected to manage a complex caseload of Children in Need, Children subject to Child Protection Planning, Public Law Outline and Care Proceedings, Assessments including S.47 Child Protection & S.17 CiN Single Assessments.
- You will bring proven experience of delivering a child-centred service, with clear experience and understanding of complex child protection and court work & excellent assessment skills.
- You will have a good knowledge of legislation and current practice, clear understanding of safeguarding issues, be able to identify risk for a child and the type of response needed by Children's Services and other agencies to ensure children's needs are being met and risk is safely managed.
- You will need to evaluate appropriate services and solutions to make decisions that deliver positive outcomes for children, young people and their families.
- You will play a vital role in the continued development of effectively integrated multi-agency services for children whilst working to ensure robust care planning and positive outcomes for children, young people and their families.
The work is varied and challenging, and there is a strong team approach ensuring good support for the successful applicant. The role requires use of initiative and a commitment to team working and service user empowerment. You will need to have a flexible, multi disciplinary approach, have a solid understanding of Statutory Social Work role, risk assessment and planning.Importantly you will be committed to improving the life chances and outcomes for children and be enthusiastic and self-motivated about working in this challenging, stimulating and important area of social work.
We will offer:
- Regular quality supervision
- Accessible, responsive and supportive management at all levels
- Excellent training and development opportunities
- Strong leadership with a clear vision for the continued development of our service
- A competitive salary - range £33,799 - 37,849 (SCP 31 - 35)
- Paid leave (up to 30 days excluding bank holidays dependent on length of service).
- Flexible working arrangements
- Discounted rail fares.
- This post requires an Enhanced DBS check.
- 37 hours per week.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.