Sodexo have a requirement for a Regional Operations Manager for a major contract to provide Property Management Services to a high profile client within Greater London.
This is an exciting opportunity to help us grow our business and deliver transformation across a significant property portfolio, along with a great opportunity for perspective candidate to grow within our business.
Main aspects of the role:
- To manage a large team of field managers within a defined geographic area to ensure that client properties are open and operating at all times, assets are maintained, statutory requirements are met and that the supply chain is operating in accordance with SLA.
- Effective collaboration with the client supply chain members (TFM, security, FF&E, project management and lease/landlord to ensure exceptional customer service is provided on a daily basis to the DWP.
- Ensure team address any performance issues to the satisfaction of the Authority and escalate as required in accordance with SLA
- Maintain a visible presence to DWP employees and suppliers, identifying process improvements within the field which will improve service delivery standards to the DWP estate.
- Support the Head of Field in the development of systems, processes and stakeholder communication to ensure service excellence.
- Propose, implement and monitor specific service solutions and utilise field team to re- engineer processes and services in order to achieve savings and productivity requirements for DWP.
As part of our commitment to improving the quality of life for our employees, Sodexo offers a Flexible Benefits Scheme, allowing you to tailor a reward package to suit your needs but includes a technology scheme, private dental insurance, travel insurance, gym membership, Gourmet card, private medical insurance and the ability to purchase or sell annual leave. We also have a Sodexo Discount scheme, which offers employees and their friends and family the opportunity to benefit from over 1,200 discounts from top retailers both online and in-store.Main Responsibilities
The Ideal Candidate
- Manage an effective regional team of territory managers/field team to oversee and manage the effective delivery of facilities related services in line with contractual and statutory requirements.
- Maximize the functionality and productivity of the field team to incorporate all dimensions of the integrator model relating to the effective management of supply chain members: reviewing assets, undertaking audits, identify health and safety issues, compliance, checking risk assessments, assisting service issue resolution – deploying and utilizing subject matter expertise within the team to drive improvements at either site, regional or national level.
- Ensure the field team effectively manage and address any compliance issues relating to supply chain members, collaborating with the supply chain manager in the first instance and then escalating in accordance with SLA
- Help facilitate a cultural shift within DWP by ensuring field teams engage appropriately with DWP colleagues and customers and are equipped with the right tools in place to encourage new ways of working and embed the change in operating model
- Assure the safety of colleagues, customers and contractors through the implementation and management of effective ways of working and processes.
- Implement 24-hour incident management ownership for every location to ensure there are appropriate procedures and processes in place to ensure remedial action. Encourage field team to raise work orders in line with financial controls to rectify any issues,
- Engage key stakeholders at local and regional levels attending regular meetings (frequency TBC with SCP) with key supply chain partners, utilizing management information to drive service delivery and performance.
- Attend quarterly meetings with designated Authority representatives and employees to review and utilize management information to drive service delivery and performance of supply chain members.
- Review proactive and predictive maintenance opportunities and processes to ensure fit for purpose
- Assist the programme management team to oversee the delivery of projects, ensuring all works are initiated and delivered to high standards with all statutory requirements met.
- Deliver annual service improvement plan ensuring that it reflects customer feedback and is communicated fully to key stakeholders within defined geographical area.
- Support contract management team and DWP in the collation of evidence in relation to any service breaches, ensuring all steps have been followed in accordance with procedure and that there is an appropriate audit trail.
- Assist in the design and implementation of field surveys to support/improve the performance management system data, providing a rich qualitative source of supplementary data
- Act as a senior point of contact within the region for all issues including escalation issues relating to the contract
- Oversee any contractual variations as required within the region
- Manage clients proactively and professionally, in line with Clients for Life ensuring Sodexo delivers service in accordance with the client’s business objectives - establishing a dynamic and positive culture for co-operative business relationships and improvements to service
- Build and lead a team of direct reports ensuring they are given strategic direction, that HR processes are followed; the team are developed and engaged.
- Follow all Sodexo annual HR processes, ensuring that performance is managed through the Sodexo performance management processes and talent development and succession planning activities take place
- Coach managers to ensure that the Focus on Five principles are adopted driving employee engagement levels
- Constructively challenge current thinking and practice, offering new ideas, alternatives or improvements to existing solutions, offers and approaches
About The Company
- Proven leadership experience in an integrator or similar operating model and the delivery of outsourced management services
- Experience managing long-term client relationships, preferably gained working in both the public and private sector
- Technical knowledge and or understanding of how core assets such as HVAC and Auto Doors etc. are maintained / repaired.
- Specific subject matter expertise in Estates and/or any of the supply chain towers
- Effective presentation skills
- Conflict resolution
- Manage multiple workloads and shifting priorities
- Ability to interpret and utilise complex and varied financial and commercial information
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively with customers, clients and employees at all levels
- Set and achieve standards and operate to agreed performance criteria; for example health and safety, hygiene
- Self-motivated and able to work on own initiative within a team environment
- Understanding of statutory requirement, policy and legal standings in areas such as M&E/Asbestos/ Fire etc.
- Development of strategic improvement inclusive of business case creation, project implementation and performance measurement.
- Experience with compliance management functions with an excellent knowledge of their interdependencies across field and relevant areas.
- Qualification or relevant experience in Business Management
- Relevant FM qualification (BIFM or equivalent).
- Experience developing CAFM systems and management information
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 36,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the energy, corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
At Sodexo we are committed to a leading role in promoting equality opportunities and valuing diversity and inclusion. We seek to create a work environment based on mutual respect for all individuals, building a culture that appreciates and values the experiences and skills brought by each person to benefit our organisation and work hard to ensure that all people, whatever their race, colour, sex, gender identity disability, nationality, national or ethnic origin, religion or belief, marital/partnership or family status, sexual orientation, age, social class, educational background, employment status, working pattern, are welcome to and included within our organisation.
We’re a Disability Confident Leader employer. We’re committed to changing attitudes towards disability, and making sure disabled people have the chance to fulfil their aspirations.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.