Staff Nurse - Frailty Unit | Royal Bournemouth & Christchurch Hosps NHS Foundation Trust
|Posting date:||23 January 2020|
|Additional salary information:||£24,214 - £30,112 pa|
|Closing date:||22 February 2020|
|Location:||Bournemouth, BH7 7DW|
|Company:||Royal Bournemouth and Christchurch Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust|
Exciting Opportunity to be part of something Special
Older Persons Assessment Unit (OPAU) Ward 26
Ward 26 is a 25 bedded Assessment Unit.
Our Older Persons Assessment Unit specialises in the fast turnover of patients living with frailty, providing a unique multi-disciplinary team (MDT) approach in a modern day to day working. Uniquely we have direct access to social services at our MDT team meetings. Their aim is to expedite early and safe discharges.
The Unit takes direct admissions from GP’s and the Emergency Department, enabling a streamlined assessment for the Older Person. We believe this improves our patient’s journey through the hospitals pathway of care. Enhancing the patients experience whilst having less bed moves and accessing a Comprehensive Geriatric Assessment by a Multi-disciplinary team approach.
Our aim is to give excellent care, for every patient, every day, everywhere.
We are dedicated to developing our staff and have recently recruited a practice educator to offer you support and development opportunities whilst working within the Elderly Care Directorate on ward 26.
What we expect from you?
• We expect you to work well as part of a team
• support one another through good and challenging times
• committed to proving our patients high quality care
What can we offer you?
• Flexible working opportunities.
• Development opportunities and career support
• Excellent team spirit, engaging in outside social activities
• Ward newsletters to keep you updated monthly.
• Approachable and supportive ward sister and Matron.
• Work life balance is key to the well-being of our staff
• Modern day working with our multi-disciplinary team
We truly believe that it is a privilege to care for our elderly patient’s at the most vulnerable time of their life and we look forward to welcoming a passionate team member!
It is anticipated that the Royal Bournemouth and Christchurch Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust and Poole Hospital NHS Foundation Trust will merge in 2020 to form East Dorset Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust. It is a condition of employment that all staff being recruited in the period before merger will work across all sites pre and post-merger
Interview Date: 14th February 2020
This advert closes on Wednesday 5 Feb 2020
Proud member of the Disability Confident employer scheme
- About Disability Confident
- A Disability Confident employer will generally offer an interview to any applicant that declares they have a disability and meets the minimum criteria for the job as defined by the employer. It is important to note that in certain recruitment situations such as high-volume, seasonal and high-peak times, the employer may wish to limit the overall numbers of interviews offered to both disabled people and non-disabled people. For more details please go to Disability Confident.